• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

9.2 ow-w

I really need to clean the glass on my scanner.

AWESOME! :applause: Is that the one that just sold on ComicConnect?

Found a scan of that copy and verified that the recent ComicConnect auction was indeed the source . Nice pickup! :applause: The larger scan from ComicConnect's web site is below.

I think I saw this copy at a local con circa 2002 or 2003 and seriously considered buying it. It ended up selling in a national auction I believe, trying to remember which one. The one I saw was definitely an old label 9.2 with ow/w pages and an extremely similar wrap. It had a sticker on the slab bag of $37K at the time which would've been a record price paid for grade, and I know it ended up selling for less but I can't remember the final price...somewhere from $29K to $35K I think.

ama1.18818a.jpg

9.2 ow-w

That's the one. I put in my max bid at the start of the auction, and ended up winning it for exactly my max bid. I'm trying to get some more info on the book from who I believe to be the previous owner (which I'm not comfortable disclosing if anyone is thinking of asking). I would love to know more about the history of it, as it is by far my most significant book.

9.2 ow-w

Found a scan of that copy and verified that the recent ComicConnect auction was indeed the source . Nice pickup! :applause: The larger scan from ComicConnect's web site is below.

I think I saw this copy at a local con circa 2002 or 2003 and seriously considered buying it. It ended up selling in a national auction I believe, trying to remember which one. The one I saw was definitely an old label 9.2 with ow/w pages and an extremely similar wrap. It had a sticker on the slab bag of $37K at the time which would've been a record price paid for grade, and I know it ended up selling for less but I can't remember the final price...somewhere from $29K to $35K I think.

ama1.18818a.jpg

The RJ Long copy was a CGC 9.2.....but was OW.....It ended up at a very early Heritage auction and was circulating in our area circa 2002.....it's in the archives but the scan is horrible....not representative of the actual book at all. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....I believe this was the scan....

ASM1RJLONG.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

9.2 ow-w

ama1.18818a.jpg

Met up with Steve and had an opportunity to hold the book in my hand today. :cloud9:

It is a glorious copy. Incredible centering and near perfect corners.

I didn't want to put it down (and it find it's way into my bag for a minute or two hehe) and literally stared at it for 15 minutes as we talked.

Congrats again Steve.

That is an absolutely AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. (worship)

Met up with Steve and had an opportunity to hold the book in my hand today. :cloud9:

I didn't want to put it down (and it find it's way into my bag for a minute or two hehe) and literally stared at it for 15 minutes as we talked.

Congrats again Steve.

You didn't hear a word I said during that time, did you?

Congrats again Steve.

lol! lol

I need to chime in on this one...what else can I say Steve except...AMAZING! :sick::cloud9:

and CONGRATS! :headbang:

Congrats again Steve.

lol! lol

I need to chime in on this one...what else can I say Steve except...AMAZING! :sick::cloud9:

and CONGRATS! :headbang:

Thanks Tom (et al). I'm still pretty stoked about it.

Apologies for double posting, but I'm pretty pumped about these. #11 has long been a nemesis for me, its a tough book in this grade range and PQ. I've also always liked the cover to #18, and this is my first run-worthy example.

RAD872562012718_135953.jpg

RADC72A82012910_94231.jpg