• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
35 35

14,624 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hippiecop said:

Please don't apologize for the story.  Speaking for myself, I enjoy a great story like yours WAY more than reading about rumors about what characters are going to be in the latest TV show/movie, or GPA moving averages, or what's heating up on ebay...

The copy I found at the LCS had the whole right side of the cover ripped of lollol I didn't care I just wanted to read it. This was like maybe 1994 in Jr high years when I was going on a comic reading rampage trying to get my hands on every old ASM FF new x-men etc etc throughout high school in the 90s. Of course It became much easier when Marvel put out the issues on the website to buy but I just used that for the really pricey books I could never get ahold of like ASM1 or whatever. It was always preferable having the book!

Speaking of ripped covers, when I was a teenager, I told the owner of one of the LCS's that I was looking for copies of early ASM's, FF's, etc.  This was 1974 or 75 I think.  He called one day and said he had something for me, so my mom drove me over there, and what he had was an FF #10 with the bottom half of the cover missing.  He wanted, I think, $10 for it as  a "reader copy."  I passed and explained to him that I was looking for nice, complete copies, not trash.  That thing would probably fetch $1000 today :)