• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Nope. I didn't purchase anything. Toying with the idea of selling everything. Period. Down to the last poly bag.

Not to be nosy, but why? I ask because it's fascinating when I think of how many collectors I've seen go from one extreme to another; from collecting the best of the best to not collecting at all. Did you just burn out?

You X-men high grade collectors let the will of the wind rule your collecting habits....you need a collection you can sink your teeth into and feel more than a tug of regret in selling. Just don't make it something I like.

ps. nice books you all picked up there and good luck in your upcoming listing on comiclink Danny.

I haven't changed. :sumo:

Nope. I didn't purchase anything. Toying with the idea of selling everything. Period. Down to the last poly bag.

Not to be nosy, but why? I ask because it's fascinating when I think of how many collectors I've seen go from one extreme to another; from collecting the best of the best to not collecting at all. Did you just burn out?

I'm tired. I am in talks now with a good friend to help me with my raw books. I am finding that I like the social aspect of the hobby much better than the owning/hoarding portion of the hobby.

I'm tired. I am in talks now with a good friend to help me with my raw books. I am finding that I like the social aspect of the hobby much better than the owning/hoarding portion of the hobby.

There's a lot to be said for the social side of sharing...hence the boards success.

Raw books are kinda cool too. Good luck in whichever endeavor you choose.

Dibs on the Northlands. :devil::baiting:

Those will be the last to go. I want my 10 back. :sumo:

Like I forced you to sell it to me... Wait a sec, I DID use my interweb mindlaser doohickey... BWAAHAHAH!

I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't, but if you ever decide to sell it. Let me know. One day I will be in a better position to negotiate. Contrary to general board opinion, I would actually give you more than what you paid for it.

I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't, but if you ever decide to sell it. Let me know. One day I will be in a better position to negotiate. Contrary to general board opinion, I would actually give you more than what you paid for it.

When I decide to part with my beloved X-books, you'll get first crack at it. :foryou:

When I decide to part with my beloved X-books, you'll get first crack at it. :foryou:

just what books do you have? I might want to get in on this. hm

My set's been on the registry for a couple years now. I'm happy with it, even though it doesn't make me a heavy hitter in the X-World. One thing that's cool about it is that I've got issues from a bunch of pedigrees, including Pacific Coast, Curator, Massachusetts, Northland, Bowling Green, and Boston.

My set's been on the registry for a couple years now. I'm happy with it, even though it doesn't make me a heavy hitter in the X-World. One thing that's cool about it is that I've got issues from a bunch of pedigrees, including Pacific Coast, Curator, Massachusetts, Northland, Bowling Green, and Boston.
Very nice!! I'm a pedigree fan myself. I've been trying to get at least one of each of the SA Ped's. I have most of the ones you listed except for the last two. I'm also hope to someday add those as well as a White Mountain and a Green River.

Very nice!! I'm a pedigree fan myself. I've been trying to get at least one of each of the SA Ped's. I have most of the ones you listed except for the last two. I'm also hope to someday add those as well as a White Mountain and a Green River.

X-men SA pedigree books... :cloud9: