• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back Issues from Home Shopping Network - WTF?????

42 posts in this topic

JC I tell you what - if the bubble breaks and the comics I own are worth negative dollars

not even fit to light the fireplace - I will still keep them and enjoy them.

So if the sky does indeed fall you can count me out of the people that you can boast a million

"I told you so's" to and stick it in yer ear!

It's abvious you give off as much negative energy as you can and that much adverse behavior

really can't be good for you...

So go out and enjoy yer life Grumpy Smurf and stop pizzin' on people's picnics...

tongue.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hsn_3L.jpg

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx...prev=hp!sf!dept

Signed by Stan Lee. On Sale for only $299.98 --- "You Save $60!"

What are they smoking? foreheadslap.gif

At least they "limited" that insanity to 10, and haven't sold out...yet. screwy.gif

I think this is even more frightening. $70 CGC 9.6 Wolverine #25. confused.gif

"Sold out and out of print edition" ...."You'll be rolling with the big dog collectors when you pick up this CGC Graded Wolverine #25 Comic Book." and... "includes a certificate of grading"

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=2339988&web_id=2339988&ocm=sekw

BTW, just what is a CGC "certificate of grading", other than the label? confused.gif

hsn_3L.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hsn_3L.jpg

At least they "limited" that insanity to 10, and haven't sold out...yet. screwy.gif

"Sold out and out of print edition" ...."You'll be rolling with the big dog collectors when you pick up this CGC Graded Wolverine #25 Comic Book ." and... "includes a certificate of grading"

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=2339988&web_id=2339988&ocm=sekw

BTW, just what is a CGC "certificate of grading", other than the label? confused.gif

hsn_3L.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The end is near once this [embarrassing lack of self control] gets going.

Lets see checklist for upcoming crash requirements...

-Variants ---- seems there are a few every week

-Girl pinups comic ---- Marvel had their girl issue come out last week

-Investment stories ---- Anyone care to buy 1/100 of an Action 1

-Prices reaching all time high --- for teh stuff I want it appears so

-Comics on Home Shopping channel and priced to the moon-- Just happened

Makes one wonder..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You guys can laugh all you want, but once the HSN picks up a collectible, you can be certain the bubble is about to break. foreheadslap.gif

I surprised nobody seems to remember, but...NSN did this back in the mid-90's as well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

its certainly not a novel idea. At least there are no programs, that air every single night, hocking comic books,...ie. like there are shows doing just that with coins foreheadslap.gif

Good lord, they hock coins on TV like there's a metal shortage boo.gif i'm not too worried about this stuff, regardless of its hilarity thumbsup2.gif

I don't know about the "Bubble bursting," but I can see the market following the economy. It has been mentioned before that the housing market and future mortgage rate increases may drag collectibles down. So, whether or not the other factors contribute, get ready for some good deals if they start to come our way.

I remember QVC selling comics as early as 1992? Maybe it was 1994 like Viscosity mentioned.

Platinum Star Wars Set from Dark Horse anyone? I think they were selling it for 89.99 or something like that.

So the Comic = TV thing has been going on now for well over 10 years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remember QVC selling comics as early as 1992? Maybe it was 1994 like Viscosity mentioned.

Platinum Star Wars Set from Dark Horse anyone? I think they were selling it for 89.99 or something like that.

So the Comic = TV thing has been going on now for well over 10 years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think what they are trying to ay is that we are heading for another crash

because this is a major trumpet blower for one.

According to JC this is the second coming and all those that don't sell off all their

comics and follow him will be left to endure the six horses of the apocalypse...

(poverty, famine, locusts, fire from the sky, rivers of blood, a blistering sun and oh yeah

a stack of worthless comics)

27_laughing.gif

Why does no one get upset when forumites hawk mid-grade Spideys in yellow labels for 20X guide,just because its signed by The Man.

Is it okay when CGC puts its stamp of approval on a product,but laughable when HSN does it?

yes, but the forumite is selling it for under $100. it cost money to slab, etc.

I think selling "limited edition" autographed items on QVC is a little different than when they start selling, let's say, the set of Civil War and the cross-overs and things of that nature (I do see they have the superman starter pack, but it's not that insanely overpriced).

Stan Lee will probably be dead in a little bit and who the heck knows, maybe someone will be able to get $50 for one of those X-men 300s.

I've seen QVC, or maybe those baseball card/coin maniacs, selling comics sporadically over the last 10-15 years. Limited, special, edition signed copies are probably the only way it will fly.

Of course, Stan's signature on a comic he had very little to do with doesn't mean a ton to me. Perhaps if the whole creative team + Stan (as the living creator of the X-Men) signed it, that would be kind of cool.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hsn_3L.jpg

"Sold out and out of print edition" ...."You'll be rolling with the big dog collectors when you pick up this CGC Graded Wolverine #25 Comic Book ." and... "includes a certificate of grading"

hsn_3L.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

HSN and this type nonsense is just ONE SMALL step above phone banks cold calling old folks selling them dream vacations, stocks and insurance. foreheadslap.gif

The end is near once this [embarrassing lack of self control] gets going.

Lets see checklist for upcoming crash requirements...

-Variants ---- seems there are a few every week

-Girl pinups comic ---- Marvel had their girl issue come out last week

-Investment stories ---- Anyone care to buy 1/100 of an Action 1

-Prices reaching all time high --- for teh stuff I want it appears so

-Comics on Home Shopping channel and priced to the moon-- Just happened

Makes one wonder..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You guys can laugh all you want, but once the HSN picks up a collectible, you can be certain the bubble is about to break. foreheadslap.gif

HSN has been selling overpriced DF collectibles for several years, so they are not just now latching on to selling comic books. They used to have better deals though, like when Batman 608 came out and they had it signed by Jim Lee as part of a Lucky 21 DF deal for $21.00 + S&H (yes, that deal sold out quick, I even bought a couple and made a small profit). Now they are selling signed books for $60-300+ that would fetch no more than $20-30 per book on eBay (more like $3-10 max per book if we take away the Stan Lee signed books).

I also used to buy DF Daily Specials (mostly their grab bag assortments, and deals where I was picking up signed/"limited" edition books for less than $2.00 a book including S&H, giving me some filler on eBay and a chance at a small profit), but I have not bought a DF special in several MONTHS (I used to only go a week or two max between finding a worthy special to grab), with no end to my DF purchasing dry spell in sight (I think they have run out of low-hanging fruit that they could use to put together grab bag deals).

I admit that the fact that there is someone out there paying $299.99 for a common X-Men/Avengers comic signed by Stan Lee makes me wince.

Regards

Chris H

Why does no one get upset when forumites hawk mid-grade Spideys in yellow labels for 20X guide,just because its signed by The Man.

Is it okay when CGC puts its stamp of approval on a product,but laughable when HSN does it?

Hmm midgrade spideys for $150 vs young avengers #1 for $400?

Hmm midgrade spideys for $150 vs young avengers #1 for $400?

If I recall correctly,and its been a few months-The book was a Spidey in the 40s(46 perhaps) and the forumite offered it with a bin well in excess of $300.I forget the grade but am pretty sure it was below 6.0.

Not for nothing,but I'm seeing some pretty silly sales of Young Avengers#1.Whereas mid grade Spidey 46s go damn cheap on ebay.

I'm not defending HSN,I'm bashing CGC,which shouldn't be in the business of creating collectables.

But ALL of them are EXPLODING WITH NAIL BITING ACTION! How can one resist?

yeahok.gif PLEASE. I Beg of you. Get a new Avatar! poke2.gif

Just 4 U hi.gif

Take a hike, gramps poke2.gif