• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Fire versus Ice!  Their meeting kicks off when Bobby starts flirting with Johnny's girl.  What I believe is the first  (Edit: nope, second) X-Men crossover comic, published the same month as X-Men #5.  I owned this copy for many years before sending it in for grading in preparation for selling.

str1.4795a.jpg

Edited by namisgr
second, not first, crossover

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

You can still buy an acceptable low grade copy of Strange Tales 102 cheaply.

It’s a book I keep thinking everyone should own, and, given its unarguable coolness, am surprised they don’t.

I have crossed the street to accost someone who I can just tell from appearances does not own a copy.

Usually I get very dirty looks from the nanny.

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

Fire versus Ice!  Their meeting kicks off when Bobby starts flirting with Johnny's girl.  What I believe is the first X-Men crossover comic, published the same month as X-Men #5.  I owned this copy for many years before sending it in for grading in preparation for selling.

str1.4795a.jpg

isn't that angel tos story older?   i had it in my head that it was.

17 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

isn't that angel tos story older?   i had it in my head that it was.

You and Kirby Jack are correct, sir.  I see that TOS #49 has a January, 1964 publication date, the same as X-Men #3.  (thumbsu

Edited by namisgr