• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil #1- to slab or not to slab...

15 posts in this topic

I think you guys are being generous with the grades on this one. I think the spine is loaded with creases and bends but are hard to see in the scan because of the light color.

The spine corners are abraided and rounded slightly. The two dents near the center of the top of the back cover bug me. Staple stress lines and the discoloration is kinda distracting.

I think this is no higher than a 7.0

I think you guys are being generous with the grades on this one.

Translation: Stay tuned for my low-ball offer. grin.gif

nah, I have no interest in Daredevil. For someone who has no interest in Daredevil though I seem to have an awful lot of this title for some reason.

I was suckered into buying them from a local once because half his collection I really wanted and the other half was all Daredevil tonofbricks.gif

I keep meaning to dig them out and price them out super cheap to get rid of them!

I think you guys are being generous with the grades on this one. I think the spine is loaded with creases and bends but are hard to see in the scan because of the light color.

did you sell me this book 30 years ago? you've got quite an eye cuz the book does look better in the scan. there are faint creases in the white area on the front cover that aren't visible in the scan. i'm not sure i agree about discoloration- this book is pretty white compared to other DD #1's i've seen. i was thinking 7.5 myself- (bought as NM- of course- old school grading). IMO this is the kind of book that would look just as good unslabbed in a collection then in a slab w/ a grade distracting from what's otherwise a book w/ very nice eye appeal. grading from scans is folly anyway but i appreciate everyone's input.

well, it may be a show through on the front and back that I'm seeing rather than a discoloration.

I do admit as far as DD #1's go, it is very nice looking! Too bad that DD never got as popular as FF or ASM cause this would be a much more sought after book!