• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do about rusty staples with no rust migration....??

5 posts in this topic

Hello Y'all

I was hoping someone out there in Collector Society Land could help me with the following:

I have in my possession a very Beautifull, Sharp, White-Paged Silver Age Comic that only has very rusty staples. this SUPERMAN RECORD comic from 1966 was still in the Original box left untouched until I purchased it. I had to open this promotional membership box because the cellophane wrapping was so brittle, and I had to see the items inside, I am just a collector you know and was curious. This purchase was made a couple years ago from an ebay seller on the east coast.

The Comic itself is manufactured with Baxter Paper and still looks as brand spanking new as you would buy it off the newstand today. But, as mentioned, both of its staples are rusted through and through. Kind of strange, because the rust growth is excessive on the staples, but no rust migration has comenced onto the cover and interior pages?

Question: In submission to CGC, should I have the staples restored ( and where?) , or should I let CGC restore the staples for me? or........

PLEASE ADVISE

Trying to get a scan Uploaded - thanks for your patience. Mountain Man

193719-SUPERMANrecord2.jpg.1f094e98ace640ee7d29551ac5757bbb.jpg