• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's checking out the Hulk movie this Friday?

80 posts in this topic

You say that people may complain about the CGI looking too unrealistic. Well, in case you haven't realized, the star of the entire movie is comprised of this CGI that you speak of. That's like saying, "except for the poor acting, weak stunts, and lousy story, the movie is going to be great". You people really do need to wake up. This movie is going to suck and there's not enough fanboys left in the world to help this pukefest turn a profit.

Listen up sunshine, the movie's gonna rock and it doesn't matter how many of your pre-pubescent co-workers allegedly say otherwise! makepoint.gif

I'm pre-ordering tix on the web and going asap. After a flurry of bad pub re: the CG, the reviews of the finished product have been overwhelmingly positive. The movie is 2 hours 15 minutes, but no Hulk in the 1st hour. Check out the "Chopper 4" down clip on Yahoo...HULK SMASH!

Going Friday night. The advance word on this has been really good. I think people may compain about the CGI looking too unrealistic but the buzz is that it is a very good movie, CGI aside. Ang Lee is a very competent director and I'm expecting a movie at least on par with X2 if not better.

Big deal. So a bunch of fanboys are staining their pants about a comic movie that has been puked out in such bad taste that the director should be shot. No suprise there. You could hype any piece of garbage up as the next great comic movie and the insufficiently_thoughtful_person masses would flock to it like the sheep do with graded comics. Try practicing some independent thought for a change.

You say that people may complain about the CGI looking too unrealistic. Well, in case you haven't realized, the star of the entire movie is comprised of this CGI that you speak of. That's like saying, "except for the poor acting, weak stunts, and lousy story, the movie is going to be great". You people really do need to wake up. This movie is going to suck and there's not enough fanboys left in the world to help this pukefest turn a profit.

LMAO - you're a dead ringer!! 27_laughing.gif

Then you're a fool, banner. Have you even paid attention to the trailers for the movie? Give me two crayons, a monkey, and a half an hour and I could have him turning out better quality images than that. The movie will have a big opening weekend as a payoff for the two years of advertising hype they've shoved down our throats. Then the word of mouth about how bad it is will spread to the masses and it will take a nosedive faster than a turd in a swirling toilet. I know fanboys like you will rush out to see it. Just don't expect your intellectual superiors to fall for the same marketing hype that you do.

jeezzz Bug youre a stitch!!

I kept getting angrier and angrier at JC for these really nasty uncalled for rants --- I was gonna write him to tell him to put a sock in it---till i noticed you had swiped his whole look!

I thought he was off his usually shaky rocker!!

Then you're a fool, banner. Have you even paid attention to the trailers for the movie? Give me two crayons, a monkey, and a half an hour and I could have him turning out better quality images than that. The movie will have a big opening weekend as a payoff for the two years of advertising hype they've shoved down our throats. Then the word of mouth about how bad it is will spread to the masses and it will take a nosedive faster than a turd in a swirling toilet. I know fanboys like you will rush out to see it. Just don't expect your intellectual superiors to fall for the same marketing hype that you do.

BUG STOP!! you're F'n killing me!!!! Did Mike fall for this or is he playing along??

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

ROTFLMAO 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

BUG... take a bow acclaim.gif

BUG STOP!! you're F'n killing me!!!! Did Mike fall for this or is he playing along??

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

ROTFLMAO 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

BUG... take a bow acclaim.gif

Several people in here have admitted falling for it. Plus, I got murph0 a little earlier and I think Mike might have been serious in his reply as well. 27_laughing.gifacclaim.gif

Several people in here have admitted falling for it. Plus, I got murph0 a little earlier and I think Mike might have been serious in his reply as well.

Dream on o' bearer of bountiful bad tidings! mad.gif

wink.gif

The Hulk movie is obviously going to suck so bad that I'll have to punch out my girlfriend after I see it just to make myself feel better. The CGI looks like something a 4 year old threw together.

Don't hurt your left hand too hard.

I love how Ebert feels that Sam Elliotts character (thunderbolt ross?) was one of the best actors in the film. Also nice to hear that JC may be playing the same character as she did in A Beautiful Mind, but at least she continues to play it well (and I would say that playing the same character that won you a freakin oscar is indicative that her role in the Hulk does not suck). The audio cut off what Ebert had to say about the hulk dogs scene, but it sounds like Roeper enjoyed the scene. From what I have seen from the new commercial playing, the hulk dog scene looks incredibly brutal.

I am dying to see the complete scene of the jet flying up past the clouds trying to shake off the hulk (again, there is just a brief scene showing this in the latest commercial).

I love how everyone says the first hour is slow, albeit necessary to build up to the second half of the film (I am sure about 15 minutes could be cut, as it sounds like some critics have a point that the story would not suffer it were a bit less wordy in the beginning).

Interesting that Ebert and Roeper note that the close up scenes of the hulk, especially in the daytime, are slightly superior to the long shots/scenes of him running around destroying things, etc.

Eric Bana was on Leno tonight. They showed a clip, Hulk looks pretty good up close. Although I think the green color looks a bit unnatural..but than again, it's not often you see green "skin".

Brian

They showed a clip, Hulk looks pretty good up close. Although I think the green color looks a bit unnatural..but than again, it's not often you see green "skin".

The problem is that the green they have used looks like the same kind of CGI green used on Shrek and other animated characters. Maybe they should have gone for a less flourecent, darker green. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am going to see it. By the way, I liked Daredevil, X2, and Matrix 2. I don't understand why people are always so negative about these movies. I am concerned about the Hulk movie but I grew up reading these comics and am excited to be see them finally make it to the big screen. I am going in without too much expectations. This is the greatest of times to be a comic fan. I had high hopes for Spider-Man and boy did it deliver.