• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's checking out the Hulk movie this Friday?

80 posts in this topic

I've liked all the Marvel Comics movies so far. None of them have been bad IMO. Hulk has the biggest chance to be the worst, but I plan to see it anyways..and to be honest I personally don't think it looks all that bad..

Brian

I think all the films have been good as well. You want bad, watch the bootleg FF movie (mad that movie reaks). Just saw the latest Hulk trailor on TV, doesn't look too bad. I think the Super-Bowl trailor with the CGI was rushed and the movie got bad word of mouth after that. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Marvel can continue their hot streak.

Anyone catch the Sci-Fi Hulk special that aired today? There were a ton of spoiler shots/dialogue during the show, BUT I am still dying to see the movie on friday.

It was fun to see Ang Lee acting like the hulk wearing a motion capture suit.

No. I was all set to watch it, but I fell asleep on my couch before it came on. frown.gif I did catch most of Batman however. Hadn't watched that in years. Forgot how good it was.

Chris

Saw it a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. I saw it at home on my LCD projector, but am definitely looking forward to watching the movie at a theatre because we don't quite have a sound system that compares to some of the THX systems theatres have.

Saw it a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. I saw it at home on my LCD projector, but am definitely looking forward to watching the movie at a theatre because we don't quite have a sound system that compares to some of the THX systems theatres have.

All THX is,is that when a certain speaker or reciever can hit a certain frequincey,that's all. Otherwise George Lucus doesn't put his name on it.Lord of the Rings is not THX certified and even star wars can't hit the kind of highs and lows that th LOTR can hit,doesn't have to be THX certified to have excellent sound.The Hulk movie is going to have DTS sound..which is gonna rock the theater. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The Hulk movie is going to have DTS sound..which is gonna rock the theater.

INSANE SOUND!!

With the sound system I have at home (not the greatest), all the crushing sounds, explosions and real loud thumping (that would normally feel like the Hulk landed in the theatre) crackled and fizzed-out because the speakers just couldn't handle it. Believe it or not, I actually blew one of the speakers about halfway into the movie blush.gif

And another thing; all those people knocking the CGI will be shocked by the way those scenes have been post-produced for the final cut. Totally awesome stuff!

I told you all. This movies going to suck more than greggy when he visits San Francisco. Stay away from it and the graded comic market.

Sigh...to be a top like you! tongue.gif

Much more positive reviews at Movies.com, where they compile reviews from various major newspapers and magazines...8 positives, 2 negatives, and 2 mixed reviews so far (there should be more numbers by tomorrow):

http://movies.go.com/movies/H/hulkthe_2001/index.html

For comparison, Spider-Man got 12 positive, 1 negative, and 7 mixed. Daredevil got 3 positives, 8 negatives, and 7 mixed.