• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just saw some cool old Richies and Gold Keys tonight

3 posts in this topic

So we had a big old Family party and my uncle came.

He brought some comics to the party for his kids to read... and my jaw dropped

He had the classic Star Wars #1 no UPC code reprint... Which made me chuckle.

But also a ton of Richie Rich, Sad Sack, Gold Key Other Scrooge and other Disneys, Chip and Dale mostly Gold key... Most... Were solid 6 or better... A few were 3-4s but all and all... I was drooling...

Some of the Richies were SOLID 7 and 8's Covers had gorgeous Shine, no bends or tears or stress on spine crisp corners

I gave him a lecture.... The went into the folks basement into my collection... I pulled out a year old copy of OverStreet and all my silver age bags and boards.

While looking at through the batch he brought for the Kids to read.. We found a Richie Rich title #1 that overstreat gave a range of 20 - 110... I would give the book a conservative 7...

This is the man that started me collecting when I was a kid in the 70's I recall his walk in closet with piles and piles.. Probably would fill a dozen Long boxes... Little Lulu, Casper, He was a fan of Richie Rich, and had a Zillion of those...

What is the market for these, he was a little suprized at the prices in the guide.. Which we all know is just a tool and usually it is a dream to sell at guide...

Anyone know anyone looking for these.. Let me know..

I promised I would "look into it" for him...

He was a fan of Richie Rich, and had a Zillion of those...

Anything F or less will go well under guide except for Richie Rich 1 and 2 as well as the 60's #1's like Millions and Success. Low grade are ultra common with no collectible base at all. 12 centers get $1-4 each and some #1s in the 20 cent range might get $5. Everything changes at the 9.0 and above level but they really have to be graded. I sold a Diamonds 1 CGC 9.0 for $40 about 2 years ago and the market hasn't changed much. I also sold a Millions 31 cgc 8.5 for $130 (first app Onion, minor key) and these types can go for $100. THe very few Richie collectors will pay very big money but only for high grade. The curve is very exponential on these.

VG Richie #1 sells consistently for $250-300