• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Variant covers ratios...

15 posts in this topic

I looked for somewhere online that would have the past numbers posted and I couldn't find anywhere. Off the top of my head, I know the sketch variants of Civil War are 75:1.

Also Ultimate Spider-man #1 white cover was a retailer incentive edition so I don't know if that means each retailer only got 1? confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay although i haven't been following this stuff over the last few years i can probably say with certainty that the lowest ratio Marvel book (those that retailers order x copies to get one and not including RRP's and promo's) would be Civil War #1-3 (1:75 sketch variants). However because Civil War had 300,000+ copies printed that means it's not the toughest to find. Retailers were ordering tons of these books to get the free 1:25 and 1:75 variants. For the rarest you have to find issues that retailers didn't order many extra copies of or variants that were not announced to retailers. I would say the RAREST would be 1:65 Wolverine 20 variant followed by 1:36 ASM 528 variant. Hope this helps.

Okay although i haven't been following this stuff over the last few years i can probably say with certainty that the lowest ratio Marvel book (those that retailers order x copies to get one and not including RRP's and promo's) would be Civil War #1-3 (1:75 sketch variants). However because Civil War had 300,000+ copies printed that means it's not the toughest to find. Retailers were ordering tons of these books to get the free 1:25 and 1:75 variants. For the rarest you have to find issues that retailers didn't order many extra copies of or variants that were not announced to retailers. I would say the RAREST would be 1:65 Wolverine 20 variant followed by 1:36 ASM 528 variant. Hope this helps.

the wolvie 20 variant and the wolvie 20 sketch signed seem also to be rare ones...what about the astonishing x-men 1 group shot? i thought this one had something like 1:30 ratio, no?

Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine #1 Sketch was 1:50

Wolverine Origins (Cdn flag) was 1:100

The ratio is misleading, while accounts were given a Wolvie origins variant for every 100 ordered, the very next week all accounts were sent one. So how many shops worldwide?

While variants are 1:? , print runs on them are not. Someone else here may be able to enlighten us on those.

The ratio is misleading, while accounts were given a Wolvie origins variant for every 100 ordered, the very next week all accounts were sent one. So how many shops worldwide?

where did you read/hear that?! i find it hard to believe that it was sent one of these to every comicstore in the planet... insane.gif

regards

where did you read/hear that?! i find it hard to believe that it was sent one of these to every comicstore in the planet... insane.gif

regards

They did. It was actually quite funny seeing all those variant chasers pay big bucks on Ebay one week, and the next seeing the price drop like a rock when everyone and their mother had a copy to sell insane.gifgrin.gif

regards

I have 3 accounts, and an online business confused-smiley-013.gif

http://www.gatewaycomics.com/

regards

I have 3 accounts, and an online business confused-smiley-013.gif

http://www.gatewaycomics.com/

so, any chance of selling a couple of variants at nice prices?! grin.gif

all i can say is shop around, 122 variants , and contact me, I have many others to list yet, including some just released. The marvels that were actually second and third prints, with different cover art, are listed with the regular books.

yep but that wolverine canadian flag that every comicstore worldwide seems to have received is at 85$... 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

thanks for the link anyway flowerred.gif

regards