• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you know that Comiclink's software won't allow you to disclose pressing?

86 posts in this topic

Why not just put it in the sellers dedscription area?

Since pressing isnt restoration, and it isnt a "grade" - - it doesnt fall under Comiclink's grading criteria. It must be set up to only accept NM, VF etc so that book scan be searched by grade!

Now if it gets bounced out of the description area, - - well, look out, Josh!!!

I just tried to list my America's Best Comics #7 on CL. When I typed in "This comic has been professionally pressed by Matt Nelson. It was formerly a 6.5 with off-white pages" and submitted the page, I got the following response...

"The string "pressed" isn't allowed in the seller's grading comments field."

Apparently, an honest seller is not allowed to disclose pressing on Comiclink. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Birds of a feather . . . 27_laughing.gif

Have you tried to spell pressed differently to get it past the filters?

Presssed Pressedd confused-smiley-013.gif

No, I assumed that if there was enough forethought to program their software to block pressing, that any spelling variation would be manually removed, probably rather quickly.

Why not just put it in the sellers dedscription area?

Since pressing isnt restoration, and it isnt a "grade" - - it doesnt fall under Comiclink's grading criteria. It must be set up to only accept NM, VF etc so that book scan be searched by grade!

Now if it gets bounced out of the description area, - - well, look out, Josh!!!

Um...that is where I tried to put it.

You need to read better:

When I typed in "This comic has been professionally pressed by Matt Nelson. It was formerly a 6.5 with off-white pages" and submitted the page, I got the following response...

"The string "pressed" isn't allowed in the seller's grading comments field."

18 words, including a name, and the only word that gets bounced is "pressed"?

call off the posse. I searched for "pressed" in the "item grading comment" and found lots of books including this description for a SENSATION#1

Seller's Grading Comments: Slight Professional Restoration by Susan Cicconi with paperwork. The book was cleaned, pressed and corner of spines and top right corner mended with new paper and touch up. Nothing else done to any other area of the book. Book likely graded F/VF before small work was done. No cover creasing, strong colors, no tears, excellent staple locations. Fortress included.

Item description:

(1942)1st Wonder Woman cover and 2nd appearance.

well, I counted, there are 5 books up now with pressed listed in their description.

so try that and see if it bounces out.

Those could have been listed years ago, for all you know.. Doesn't change what you can or can't do today.

Has anyone entered a new books and tested this "pressed" entry?

'Pressed' might be allowed in conjunction with the mention or setting of restored grade confused-smiley-013.gif Definitely interesting

Assuming nearmint is telling the truth, this is common with a "change in policy". All the old entries get "grandfathered in", but the term is not allowed on new entries.