• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you know that Comiclink's software won't allow you to disclose pressing?

86 posts in this topic

Tthis is what I expected the NOD would encounter when I posed my first question yesterday. I don't see any of the consigment sites allowing the NOD to spread their message (via a logo particularly) through their sites. We'll see

Perhaps adding their logo to a listing will be blocked by the sites, and I suppose I understand that...

But blocking the word pressing? Allowing a seller to say (voluntarily) that their book has been pressed (or saying that it has not been pressed) is simply a description of the actual book.

I just tried to list my America's Best Comics #7 on CL. When I typed in "This comic has been professionally pressed by Matt Nelson. It was formerly a 6.5 with off-white pages" and submitted the page, I got the following response...

"The string "pressed" isn't allowed in the seller's grading comments field."

Apparently, an honest seller is not allowed to disclose pressing on Comiclink. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That gives the non-honest sellers cover.

"Well how can you blame me for non-disclosure? I couldn't even type the word "pressed" in my listing."

893blahblah.gif

I found this out a while back when I wanted to say a book wasn't pressed. I just spelled it "prezz" to get around his bull[embarrassing lack of self control].

For those who previously tried to include the word "pressed" do you recall which section of the online form you attempted to utilize?

Did anyone ever inquire with Josh about it?

I tried to access the page to see the different fields. Strangely enough although my old account is still active (I previously had books on comiclink and used to bid), it required me to get permission through registration again in order to sell. confused-smiley-013.gif

So, I can't check the fields.

Maybe... just maybe... you've been "unofficially banned*" from selling like I was. It happend to me for just letting Josh know I "planned" on making a website to post my books and friends too. You've actually started one, are competing with him… AND just offered a Zero Commission Offer to the public.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

*meaning he won't tell you until you call and ask why you haven't been approved as a seller… or in your case can no longer access the seller features

Maybe... just maybe... you've been "unofficially banned*" from selling like I was. It happend to me for just letting Josh know I "planned" on making a website to post my books and friends too. You've actually started one, are competing with him… AND just offered a Zero Commission Offer to the public.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

*meaning he won't tell you until you call and ask why you haven't been approved as a seller… or in your case can no longer access the seller features

Interesting! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, at least I am in good company with you Bruce. thumbsup2.gif

The 0% commission offer, which was just simply a fantastic idea to allow my fellow cool forumites to sell their books ( headbang.gif), was a temporary promotion that has expired so Josh has nothing to worry about. 27_laughing.gif

I've sold many books through CL, and never had a problem with Josh. I've also made it clear here on the boards that I really don't care about pressing when it's done right.

What DOES bother is me all the cloak & dagger stuff. CL is Josh's site. If he wants to prohibit the word "pressed" from his auctions, I just wish he'd just list it, and any other prohibited words under the "required" section of his seller's terms.

I've sold many books through CL, and never had a problem with Josh. I've also made it clear here on the boards that I really don't care about pressing when it's done right.

What DOES bother is me all the cloak & dagger stuff. CL is Josh's site. If he wants to prohibit the word "pressed" from his auctions, I just wish he'd just list it, and any other prohibited words under the "required" section of his seller's terms.

Josh or anyone else can prohibit whatever terminology or access they wish to their site. Want to ban a particular word? Go for it. Want to ban me (not saying he did)? Go for it! It is their commercial business.

Of course, we can educate everyone about the circumstances and can inquire as to why they might exist. Whether answers are forthcoming or not, opinions and conclusions can be drawn and future conduct can be modified accordingly.