• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you know that Comiclink's software won't allow you to disclose pressing?

86 posts in this topic

Does that mean I don't have to sharpen my pitchfork now? 27_laughing.gif
I never saw a pitchfork.... Just what is it you are reading into the posts?

Enlighten my blindness in this thread.

I just checked it again, and it's now working.
And you're sure you didn't type anything different? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Positive.

I figured you were thorough. It's one of your positives.

I'm puzzled why CL hasn't been here to reassure anybody.

No pitchfork… just curious, how can…

"The string "pressed" isn't allowed in the seller's grading comments field."

be a glitch?

Whether it was intentional or a glitch, I'm glad that books can be labeled as pressed on CL.

Does that mean I don't have to sharpen my pitchfork now? 27_laughing.gif
I never saw a pitchfork.... Just what is it you are reading into the posts?

Enlighten my blindness in this thread.

Oops - torches, not pitchforks, torches... lynch.gif

be a glitch?

Whether it was intentional or a glitch, I'm glad that books can be labeled as pressed on CL.

Why doesn't someone call Josh and ask him? confused-smiley-013.gif

be a glitch?

That's no fun. It's way better to scandalize everything...other wise it'd be fixed too quick and everyone would need to go back to work. confused-smiley-013.gif

be a glitch?

Esquire e-mailed him. That's why I'm surprised he hasn't even responded. I also assumed Jeff made an effort to contact as well.

I received the following response from Josh late this morning (sorry I couldn't post it sooner) which I have been given permission to post:

"If a seller wants to write that a book has been pressed they can do so in their description. If a seller wants to write that a book has not been pressed, there are issues, one being that it cannot be verified by us with certainty whether or not a book has NOT been pressed."

Seems fair.

"If a seller wants to write that a book has been pressed they can do so in their description. If a seller wants to write that a book has not been pressed, there are issues, one being that it cannot be verified by us with certainty whether or not a book has NOT been pressed."

I received the following response from Josh late this morning (sorry I couldn't post it sooner) which I have been given permission to post:

That is a good point.

I have no particular problem with Josh's stated position either, though it would still be interesting to know why Jeff had a problem including the word "pressed" initially.

As a comparison, how does CL deal with raw books and restoration? Would the owner need to send the book to Josh and then he checks for restoration? Or could a scan simply be posted and in the description it is noted the book is free of any restoration?

No doubt this is explained somewhere on his site but I presume someone knows the answer right off the top of their head.

That is a good point.

I agree.

Mike, I'm fairly certain he's been aware of this thread and has been monitoring it... don't you? He could post an explanation if he chooses. However, he does not answer all questions put to him. I don't recall him answering any of the questions posed to him from multiple forumites about his position and involvement with pressing.

Maybe he feels that responding to this thread at all will only keep the thread alive longer and make a bigger issue of it.

or...

maybe he feels offering the explanation that the text that popped up: "The string "pressed" isn't allowed in the seller's grading comments field."was a "system glitch" would be openly scoffed at... who knows?

Josh can do what he likes with his site (and certainly does) as others have stated in this thread. Simply making his positions public and/or posting "his site rules - all of them" would eliminate speculation at least.

Even though Josh and I are not pals, I still buy from CL... I just sent out a check today. I have 100% faith that CL will conduct "transaction related" business professionaly. I'm just not crazy about some of his other tactics and his avoidance of certain issues.

be a glitch?

confused-smiley-013.gif

That is a good point.

I agree.

Undeniably logical.

That is a good point.

I agree.

Undeniably logical.

Indeed 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As do I... and maybe it was just not a well thought way of implementing that concern. It appears that the srting should have said something to the effect :

"not pressed" cannot be used in the description field…" for more information see CL isting rules (link)"

That is a good point.

I agree.

have you been banned/restricted as a seller?

That is a good point.

I agree.

Undeniably logical.

Can we put a committee together to approve "logical" ideas?

Anyway, I'm not saying Josh should or shouldn't allow a "pressed" logo on his site, but at least his rationale for not allowing the logo makes sense as well as the fact that the book hasn't been pressed.

I doubt Josh would ever himself join the NOD (for various reasons), but I'm curious to hear what expectations the NOD would place on consignment sites if they did join the NOD.