• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you know that Comiclink's software won't allow you to disclose pressing?

86 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif

Can we put a committee together to approve "logical" ideas?

Did I miss something? Has there been an official declination from CL about the use of a "Pressed Logo"? Also... I don't think the NOD has a "NOT Pressed Logo" for memer use do they? Did you mean not allowing "not-pressed" TEXT as opposed to the logo in question???

Anyway, I'm not saying Josh should or shouldn't allow a "pressed" logo on his site, but at least his rationale for not allowing the logo makes sense as well as the fact that the book hasn't been pressed.

I doubt Josh would ever himself join the NOD (for various reasons), but I'm curious to hear what expectations the NOD would place on consignment sites if they did join the NOD.

Maybe he feels that responding to this thread at all will only keep the thread alive longer and make a bigger issue of it.

Josh, Steve, etc.,. don't come on to the boards and post their responses to questions like this b/c their words get twisted and thrown back into their faces into perpetuity. And as you allude to above, their mere presence (by way of response) brings an onslaught of other inquisitions, sometimes related to the topic at hand, sometimes not. I wouldn't respond here if I were them...on the other hand, as has been shown time and again, a quick phone call (or email in this case) is much more productive. thumbsup2.gif

Proved true in this case and many others Mike... Just keep in mind I have "experience" that others don't, so admittedly I'm generally more suspicious of Josh's motives.

As a rule, you know I'm in favor of calling direct to get to the bottom of issues or controversies. I did it more times than I can count as I'm sure you remember. In this case Josh and I have not spoke in awhile and I left it to others to contact him.

thumbsup2.gif

BTW, crabbing was a big success as far as entertaining the kids for hours at a time (although we didn't end up eating any) and we only had a few minor injuries, those little suckers are sharp! 893whatthe.gif

i don't care about a pressed book either, but i don't understand why everyone thinks his e-mail was so informative. please explain. i mean did he just change the sites rules as far as the word pressed after reading this? or was near mint messing up? furthermore why wold anyone want to say' "hasn't been pressed"?

why would you even want to bring it up in the first place if it hasn't been done?