• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

Now for some War sweetness. Thanks to CW at Fantastic Comics I got these 10 books signed by Russ Heath.

The first is not a paratrooper cover, but it's one of my favorite covers of all time. Hey this is my thread I can post whatever book I want, lets call this an honorary trooper cover....

G.I. Combat #78 CGC SS 6.0 (oddly enough it's tied for highest graded copy)

GI.Combat78CGCSS.jpg

Now this is one sweet cover...very very sweet.........

Combat #1 CGC SS 4.5

Combat1CGCSS4.5.jpg

One of my favorites too.

Very cool stuff, Trooper. I like how Heath wrote "Airborne" in the appropriate places. Hope you got to chat with Mr. Heath. He is an interesting guy.

I wish I got to meet him. I sent these books to Chris (CW) at fantastic comics to get signed at the San Jose Con. I also sent him 3 books to get signed by Lily Renee at the San Diago con that should come back in a few months. I got a Fight/Wings/&Ranger Comic signed by Renee...they're going to look fantastic!

A little dissapointed in this one, bought it for $5 at last years Mid-Ohio Con...wish I could remember who sold it to me....

All-American Men of War #94 CGC SS ® 4.0

AllAmericanMenofWar94CGCSS.jpg

Looks nicer than a 4.0 for sure - as for the color touch - I don't know that one can reasonably expect dealers to check $5 books thoroughly for minor CT. I had a major dealer once miss that someone had outlined the foreground character neatly in pencil once on a relatively inexpensive book. IIRC I was credited for the full amount without having to return the book.