• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My "Trimmed" JLA 1 (apparent grades)

16 posts in this topic

Take it for what it is after trimming.... Restored with apparent grade being such based on other flaws etc. Trimming gives the eye appeal of a perfectly squared book. The JLA #1 appears to be a 7.0 to me based on the number of colour breaking stress marks on the spine but has great eye appeal.

Yep, nice apparent 7.0. Bit of blue color touch as well?

Little glue at the top staple, but no color touch that I'm aware of....but I haven't really given it the once over in many many years.

This was one I purchased from Geoffries comics boo.gifat the 1991 comic con...............King of self restoration. boo.gif

No mention of restoration at the time.....and being from Alaska I didn't even think to check.

I traded this to a guy about 14 years ago along with many other books for some very nice books including my action #30 that I posted a while back. He sent it to Pacific Comics Exchange in an attempt to sell it....and I believe Roter said trimmed and glue at top staple only.

I bought it back from the guy I traded with flowerred.gif for the value we gave it in trade......so it was mine again for all time. thumbsup2.gif

It was a good lesson and I've been very aware of restoration since then and can spot most restoration. The restoration that I can't spot, I'm unaware of.....probabaly cause I didn't see it. 27_laughing.gif