• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Sounds Like Fun!

6 posts in this topic

I know where I'll be on Saturday, October 21:

PHILIP WEISS AUCTIONS

Saturday 10am: This sale will feature The Estate of Marvin Channing, noted comic book writer. 40 years off the market, loaded with FRESH Original Comic Art. Some of the highlights include, Original Cover Art Amazing Spiderman #43, Hulk #105, Strange Tales #166, Kirby Fantasy Masterpieces Cover, Curt Swan Superman Cover, Tales of Suspense #98 cover, Sunday Pages Prince Valiant, Tarzan. Charles Schulz Three Early Sunday Pages and Several Early Dailies. Movie Posters including Original Superman, Green Hornet, Sherlock Holmes Three Sheet and much more. Fabulous Collection of Comic Books from several fresh to the market estates. High grade Marvels and DC comics. Great Golden and silver Age Books. Books from the Big Apple collection and Sherwood Collection. Original Comic and Pulp Paintings.

At Phil Weis's auction house in Oceanside, New York. Google for the website. As it gets closer to the date, there will be an online catalog with smallish pics. Phil has been bringing the Big Apple collection to market for the better part of a decade and there are always more it seems.

Oh and he's also been doing simultaneous ebay live auctions for the first couple hundred items in the auctions. But I believe there is a 5% surcharge for buying through ebay live. I believe there is a mechanism for leaving bids directly through his website now, but I've never used it. Also, if you buy in person and use cash instead of credit card, you save 3% on the BP (I think it's 12% instead of 15, but it's been over a year since I bought anything from him, so I'm not sure on the numbers).