• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROAST: Rake Lighthouse over the coals!

201 posts in this topic

DAMMIT.......I'M DRUNK OFF MY ARSE.......SHUT UP......YOU ALL GET THE PICTURE. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Go attend AA with ubiquite and Supa! insane.gif

DAMMIT.......I'M DRUNK OFF MY ARSE.......SHUT UP......YOU ALL GET THE PICTURE. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I wasn't even going to mention it should be "every square FOOT of space"... or the incorrect use of "your" in "unless your bugaboo"... tongue.gif

Have a beer on me, Bug!

Looking at this from a dealers perspective, I don't think this scenario would ever work. You're considering opening a brick and morter store with 1200 square feet of display space. Have you really given much consideration to what will be required to make that a sucess? For evey square feet of space, you'll need to have 37 cents worth of Marvels, 24 cents worth of DC's and 16 cents worth of alternative books. On the weekend, you'll need to double those numbers.

If you don't rotate your inventory 3 times every 17 days, you'll never make it. And, that doesn't even take into account the other factors. I really get tired of explaining my great wisdom about operating a comic store to the peon masses, so I've created a simple chart that even the dumbest insufficiently_thoughtful_person can understand.

HouseGraph.jpg

Calculate the square footage of the store you plan to open, follow my recommendations, and you'll be succesful. Ignore my suggestions, and you'll burn in comic hell.

Now, if any of you disagree with this information, please remember that I'm 6' 7" tall. That's not a threat....that's just a fact. If you think you know more than me, then you are, quite simply, wrong. I can beat you at ping pong, golf, tennis, a 10k run, checkers, running a comic store, chess, skiing, basketball, racket ball, football, soccer, backgammon, monopoly, trouble, Uno, chinese checkers, connect four (unless your Bugaboo), and dominos. You name the game, and I can kick your arse. If the game is being short, then I can lay on the ground, suck my gut in, and be shorter than anyone. Stay outa my face, cause I'll shove it in if you get in my way.

Anyway. Enough with that. Just so long as you all know that I know more about running a comic shop than anyone esle in here, then were cool.

Damn sniper! 893frustrated.gif

ROFL Sniper indeed. Unfortunately, 'House would never, EVER spell "mortar" wrong.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Oh, I am as likely to make a typo as the next person... but the chances I would misspell:

mortar, success, every, successful, racquetball and else...

and miss an apostrophe on "dealer's" and "we're"

Those odds are pretty slim... smile.gif

I was going to post something smart-assy here, but instead I will simply say:

Nootch to the bootch.

Screw all you guys.......I came home early from partying tonight JUST so I wouldn't miss 'houes's roast.......so you all can blow me. 893whatthe.gif
\

OK...but I'm first! blush.gif

And as for the snipe, I told two people I might wait a little longer for them... so we will see if the contest is indeed over...

Anybody think I should award BOC and Bug prizes just so they have to give me their addresses? blush.gif

Screw all you guys.......I came home early from partying tonight JUST so I wouldn't miss 'houes's roast.......so you all can blow me. 893whatthe.gif
\

Sweet Christmas. How did I know you'd jump all over that one? gossip.gif

\

I'll jump all over you but I agreed to be the bottom this week! frown.gif

\

Flashbacks to that drunken evening last February when your whole life changed forever?

And as for the snipe, I told two people I might wait a little longer for them...

FIXED ! ! !.........RIP OFF ! ! !..........FIXED ! ! !

Well, BlackShotzy was offering quite the incentive if I was willing to wait... and ablue said he would be sure to clean and press me when we were done...

\

Flashbacks to that drunken evening last February when your whole life changed forever?

Oh man, I'm so tired I thought you said something about "fisting" but then I realized you said both "flashbacks" and "drunken" and "February" which all combined to make me think of "Fist of the Drunken Master" which led to my thinking of fisting which really is a topic too disgusting to be discussed here in the open forum and should be saved for the darker corners of this message board-- said corners of course being PMs from Greggy.

\

Oh man, I'm so tired I thought you said something about "fisting" but then I realized you said both "flashbacks" and "drunken" and "February" which all combined to make me think of "Fist of the Drunken Master" which led to my thinking of fisting which really is a topic too disgusting to be discussed here in the open forum and should be saved for the darker corners of this message board-- said corners of course being PMs from Greggy.

Yeah... you'll need to take that one to the test forum... That's where we discuss things like fisting and Monroe Transfers...

Pffft.......whatever.......and you guys make fun of the spelling all you want......my entry was funny as hell and right on the money. sumo.gif

What? Are you gonna cry? In my roast thread?... Cuz it sounds like you're gonna cry...

\

Yeah... you'll need to take that one to the test forum... That's where we discuss things like fisting and Monroe Transfers...

I'm just saying that Christopher Lambert is the poor man's Thomas Jane. That's all I'm saying.

And I truly hope that a Monroe Transfer has something to do with BMX riding.