• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on FF#1

9 posts in this topic

I just received back from CGC the following...

Fantastic Four #1 11/61

Apparent 5.5 Extensive (P) - Pro work done on the book.

Restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, reinforced.

("Jack Kirby" written on 1st page.)

Off-White Pages

What is the going rate on this book?

I just received back from CGC the following...

Fantastic Four #1 11/61

Apparent 5.5 Extensive (P) - Pro work done on the book.

Restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, reinforced.

("Jack Kirby" written on 1st page.)

Off-White Pages

What is the going rate on this book?

That depends greatly on:

- the venue you are selling on.

- the overall appearance of the book.

I sold two restored 5.5s in the past few months. I sold one with Pro Slight restoration on Comiclink that fetched $2,665. It was a killer looking book, had the appearance of a 6.0 or 6.5 though.

A friend of mine also sold a 5.5 with Slight Amateur resto on ebay for $1,600. Used to be one of my copies that I dealt to him, so I can comment on it. It was a very nice book with only slight amateur CT on the spine. Should have sold for $500 or more on Comiclink. I think a Forumite ended up with it (and a great deal to boot).

A 5.5 with Extensive pro resto will probably fetch $1,200-$1,400 on ebay, several hundred more (hopefully) on Comiclink.