• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put the paint marker....

89 posts in this topic

Your welcome. But you should be all thanking Kevin Boyd who does his best every show to make sure all the books get signed. Even if it means enlisting the aid of other Signature Series Witnesses who do not accept submissions from the general public, but are happy to help the Yellow Label grow in popularity.

Congratulations. Because of those books, I no longer submit for SS.
I promise to use a black marker on any book you submit through me. flowerred.gif

I'm off the crack for a while. flowerred.gif

I know and that can be a good thing. I took a month off from buying and it felt good.

Congratulations. Because of those books, I no longer submit for SS.
I promise to use a black marker on any book you submit through me. flowerred.gif

I'm off the crack for a while. flowerred.gif

I know and that can be a good thing. I took a month off from buying and it felt good.

Can't wait to feel good.... cloud9.gif

Well you may not have to explain yourself to a witness who doesn't accept submission.

But I do except submission. And While 5000 is a good amount of cash to spend over a year. I Spent 5000 over the past year on hotels and airfare alone. You don't even want to see my CGC bill. I do work very hard.

My sugesstion to you Chris is if you want the rare autos in good locations and the colors you want you should submit to me paid in full and list in type instructions what color you want the book signed in and what location you want it signed on.

Peter and Kevin put up with alot from everybody in Canada.

Not that I need to explain myself to a CGC witness that doesn't even accept customer submissions, but I've spent north of $5000 on SS submissions over the past year...and don't feel that it's too much to ask that my books not be signed in thick silver marker.

This is a service I PAY FOR , and have every right to express my dissatisfaction when my books get messed up.

It's not like the books were signed for me as a favour or something.

Your right, it's your money.

That’s right I don’t accept submissions from the public. I wonder why 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But since Kev was pretty well alone at the CGC booth in Charlotte I did as I have done in the past and aid in obtaining signatures for customers of CGC and even some the Paradise books.

p.s I wonder who gave Mr.Cockrum the silver sharpie

So it was you 893whatthe.gif

The silver sharpie is an interesting debate though....take this book for example

LongshotAdams-1.jpg

Longshot1BackAdams.jpg

Previously a blue label 9.8 - cracked out and resubmitted for Arthur Adams - now a 9.4. Why? The only grader's notes are "Ink stains on the top of back cover" So the very act of obtaining the signature (and not the actual handling of the book) dropped the grade because the book was placed on another book and ink was transferred. Not to mention that the actual signature is smeared as well from probably another book being placed on top of it prior to the ink being allowed to dry.

In Charlotte, Paradise witness Jeff Brown and I handled almost all of the Paradise Signature Series submissions. There were a couple of exceptions where Kris Moore, Tiz and ACTOR assisted us. The most notable was Dave Cockrum.

Dave Cockrum was at the show on Saturday and Sunday only, and had a five book per customer limit. He was a pitiful sight, the great artist in his wheelchair, hooked up to his oxygen machine, but he was making the best of it and was pretty cheerful about meeting his fans.

Since I had over 80 books for him to sign - I got some, Jeff did some, Tiz and Chris did some, Kris Moore did some, Matt and Joe from CGC did some. Each time they had to line up and wait their turn - all around Mr. Cockrum's schedule at the event. No witness was made aware of who the books belonged to.

I'm sorry, but it was not possible for me to get every book signed personally - and Jeff was also busy getting other Paradise autographs. I'm sorry but I guess I just wasn't aware that the silver sharpie was a no-go for you and there was no note on the books that said what colour pen to use.

And honestly, I was very concerned about keeping track of which books you wanted interior v. exterior signatures on. At least I think I got those right.

hi.gif Hi Drew,

I did not do any books for Art Adams the whole weekend.

Come on!!! How many books have you bought from me in the past.

Hell, you have even seen me in action at a con. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ever get a smudged sig from me? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Luckily it was only my 3 top submissions that got the silver treatment. insane.gif

X-MEN101.jpg

That was a nice book when I sold it to you. Sorry is got [embarrassing lack of self control] up with a [embarrassing lack of self control] signature. Some sucker will buy though I'm sure. thumbsup2.gif

The Art Adams smudges were very upsetting. The witness who obtained those autographs was not Tiziano, but I'm not going to say who it was. The unfortunate side effect to some of these signings is limited space and artists who are not careful to watch & wait for the ink to dry. Before you can stop them they've placed one book on top of the other.

hi.gif Hi Drew,

I did not do any books for Art Adams the whole weekend.

Come on!!! How many books have you bought from me in the past.

Hell, you have even seen me in action at a con. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ever get a smudged sig from me? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey Tiz hi.gif

I was just bringing up the point that perhaps the silver sharpie might not have been the best choice in this instance. On some books it looks great - heck, on this book it would have looked great - it's just the smudging (which seems to happen a fair bit with the silver confused-smiley-013.gif) of the signature and the fact that the book actually got downgraded because of the actual signing process and not for any structural defects. Don't get me wrong, I get it that you take your chances with signature series sometimes and I do appreciate the work that Paradise and yourself provide (you can back me up on this one poke2.gif) but its a bit of a bummer when a book goes from a 9.8 to a 9.4 with a smeared signature - and remember, I pay for this service.

Drew

P.S. How'd the stag work out poke2.gif

The Art Adams smudges were very upsetting. The witness who obtained those autographs was not Tiziano, but I'm not going to say who it was. The unfortunate side effect to some of these signings is limited space and artists who are not careful to watch & wait for the ink to dry. Before you can stop them they've placed one book on top of the other.

Kevin,

Why wouldn't you disclose who the witness was? Just wondering confused-smiley-013.gif

Drew