• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put the paint marker....

89 posts in this topic

The Art Adams smudges were very upsetting. The witness who obtained those autographs was not Tiziano, but I'm not going to say who it was. The unfortunate side effect to some of these signings is limited space and artists who are not careful to watch & wait for the ink to dry. Before you can stop them they've placed one book on top of the other.

Kevin,

Why wouldn't you disclose who the witness was? Just wondering confused-smiley-013.gif

Drew

893naughty-thumb.gif

The Art Adams smudges were very upsetting. The witness who obtained those autographs was not Tiziano, but I'm not going to say who it was. The unfortunate side effect to some of these signings is limited space and artists who are not careful to watch & wait for the ink to dry. Before you can stop them they've placed one book on top of the other.

Kevin,

Why wouldn't you disclose who the witness was? Just wondering confused-smiley-013.gif

Drew

893naughty-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Art Adams smudges were very upsetting - how about being the owner of one said smudged comic? Sorry, a little bummed is all sorry.gif

Kevin,

Drew

The first rule of fight club.....

Kevin,

Drew

The first rule of fight club.....

Perhaps I should reword that then....don't disclose who the witness was but please ask that witness to be a little more diligent in the future. Tell them to take some lessons from Tiz 27_laughing.gif

And honestly, I was very concerned about keeping track of which books you wanted interior v. exterior signatures on. At least I think I got those right.

I submitted 2 books for interior sigs in Charlotte. Josh's FF 171 & my HULK 202. The 171 got dual interior sigs, and here's my book:

HULK202SS.jpg

I understand that my requests are a pain in the azz, which is why I've decided to step way from the submission process for a while.

Less headaches for everyone.... cloud9.gif

Perhaps privately the next time I see you Drew, but not publicly. Even then, I'm not sure it's something I can or should do.

And yes, the witness and I spoke about the matter.

But here's what I want to do for you - I will get you a proper, unsmudged Art Adams autograph for Signature Series (and I will cover the grading and encapsulation costs) when I go to Wondercon in March. Either that or you can have my Action Comics Annual 1 9.4 signed by Art Adams right now.

Your choice.

Kevin

Perhaps privately the next time I see you Drew, but not publicly. Even then, I'm not sure it's something I can or should do.

And yes, the witness and I spoke about the matter.

But here's what I want to do for you - I will get you a proper, unsmudged Art Adams autograph for Signature Series (and I will cover the grading and encapsulation costs) when I go to Wondercon in March. Either that or you can have my Action Comics Annual 1 9.4 signed by Art Adams right now.

Your choice.

Kevin

You're absolutely right Kevin - I was a bit hasty in my posting sorry.gif Your offer is a very generous one and is a very stand up thing to do. Let's talk about this before Wondercon in March. Appreciate it,

Drew

i'd just like to randomly toss in here that i saw Kris actually blow-dry the ink on a signature before putting it into the mylar. not a sight you want sticking in your mind, trust me on that.

i also saw that guy that writes the Wolverine Origins - Daniel Way, maybe - handling books like they were newspapers as he signed a stack. not a lot of 9.2s in that group...

oh, and i actually like that X-Men 101. confused-smiley-013.gif

i'll be happy to trade my cockrum futurians graphic novel with interior sig(only way he will do the GN), has paty cockrun on cover also for a silver sharpie cockrum x book. Send PM.