• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Enchantress?! No $2.99!

7 posts in this topic

I have not bought an issue of Thor in a while (my last issue was somewhere in the late 20s, early 30s (I know I stopped buying the title at least a few months before Odin was killed), but I like the Enchantress...so I thumbed through the book. Art did not wow me, so I put it back. Thank goodness I did, especially knowing the Enchantress was not in the book after all.

I buy plenty of 2.99 books, but I had forgotton Thor was one of those low-selling titles that saw an increase in cover price (still thought it was a 2.25/50 book).

Way off topic 893offtopic1.gif, but did you notice a fair amount of books out this week that could qualify as 9.8s? I picked up a hefty amount of Marvel books today, and I am very pleased with the condition of the books cloud9.gif. Some weeks I have to resign myself to the fact that I have nothing worth grading because all it would get is a 9.6 (if I was lucky).

Do not get me wrong, I only buy what I want to read (if I do not care for a book, I tend to take a pass, even if I know it could get a 9.8), BUT I am pragmatic, and know that CGC slabbing can make a modern worth much more than it actually guides for, so it is not that far back in my mind that I should pay more attention to the condition of the weekly books I buy.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread...don't you hate it when a bait and switch is pulled on you mad.gif, especially when it involves comic books.

Storywise, Thor has drifted a little. I haven't been overwhelmed with it. The price hike was another blow for me. They had a sub-par guest artist (I believe. Forget his name) for 2 issues before the current one.

To the 893offtopic1.gif stuff, I agree most books are looking a little better. I do seem to have the knack of finding new books with problems. frown.gif Today, I got an "Outsiders" #1 with a page problem, and last week "The End" #6 I got also had a page problem. 893frustrated.gif So, even though I'm thinking about the condition of the new books that I'm buying, I've yet to hit the store and flip through the whole book before buying, and yet if I did I wouldn't be surprised shocked.gif with the page problems when I get home.

Yes the bait and switch game does reek. Marvel will now have to give me a full issue of Thor with nothing but the Enchantress in it before I'll pick up another! grin.gif

Yes the bait and switch game does reek. Marvel will now have to give me a full issue of Thor with nothing but the Enchantress in it before I'll pick up another! grin.gif

I'm still waiting on my full issue of Batman with nothing but Cherry Poptart in it...

I'm still waiting on my full issue of Batman with nothing but Cherry Poptart in it...

I'm still waiting on my PoS Batman to come back from the restorers.. It's gonna be a NM+ in no time!!

Brian

[Yes the bait and switch game does reek. Marvel will now have to give me a full issue of Thor with nothing but the Enchantress in it before I'll pick up another! ]

Heh, I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

I'm still waiting on my PoS Batman to come back from the restorers.. It's gonna be a NM+ in no time!!

Brian

Shame you won't be at the SD dinner... I'm gonna hand out copies of PoS Spideys to everybody to take home and "doctor"... We'll have a contest later and pick a winner... tongue.gif