• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 1

125 posts in this topic

Has anybody been watching this book pretty actively? I've been wanting one for a while, but they're not available until now that the movie is coming out, they're starting to show up..but I think the price is a bit inflated? I dunno. Anyways, I only want a 6.0-6.5 unrestored of course..

Brian

There was a very nice high grade copy a while back that sold for around $50,000. From what I have seen there are a large proportion of restored books for this particular issue, so it is quite tough to get a nice unrestored copy.

The dark cover just screams color touch. insane.gif

There was a very nice high grade copy a while back that sold for around $50,000. From what I have seen there are a large proportion of restored books for this particular issue, so it is quite tough to get a nice unrestored copy.

The dark cover just screams color touch. insane.gif

That was the Bethlehem copy. It went for 52,000, which was just over three times NM guide. To me, that was a very good price. It's an incredibly tough book being a very early, dark covered Marvel. High CGC is only 9.4.

it sounded like a stupid price at the time. But since then how many high grade copies have even come up for sale? Im amazed we are not being bombarded with Hulk #1s on ebay right now with a days to go before the opening like we were with Spideys!!!??????

Where oh whwre are all the nice Hulk #1s?

it sounded like a stupid price at the time. But since then how many high grade copies have even come up for sale? Im amazed we are not being bombarded with Hulk #1s on ebay right now with a days to go before the opening like we were with Spideys!!!??????

well there aren't that many hulkie #1's out there, TOUGH book to find in HG and LG. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But since then how many high grade copies have even come up for sale? Im amazed we are not being bombarded with Hulk #1s on ebay right now with a days to go before the opening like we were with Spideys!!!??????

Well, movie hype, if good for anything is a good sign of whats out there on the marketplace. If books don't get pulled out by a big movie the likelyhood is that they are truly tough to find.

I have mentioned this before, but during the DD movie hype, hardly any HG copies of DD #7 (1st red costume) came up for sale. For me this confirmed how tough this book is to come by in nice shape. The same can be said for Hulk #1.

ASM, was a book that sold in much larger numbers than Hulk or DD back in the SA and the number of copies still in circulation attests to this.

I just think there aren't that many. As long as I've been in hobby that's been known as a notoriously difficult book to find in high grade. comgeek's is the second best unrestored copy I've seen since the bethlehem book sold and that was at least 6-10 months ago. I think the only one better was an 8.5 at heritage a few months ago.

But since then how many high grade copies have even come up for sale? Im amazed we are not being bombarded with Hulk #1s on ebay right now with a days to go before the opening like we were with Spideys!!!??????

Well, movie hype, if good for anything is a good sign of whats out there on the marketplace. If books don't get pulled out by a big movie the likelyhood is that they are truly tough to find.

I have mentioned this before, but during the DD movie hype, hardly any HG copies of DD #7 (1st red costume) came up for sale. For me this confirmed how tough this books is to come by in nice shape. The same can be said for Hulk #1.

ASM, was a book that sold in much larger numbers than Hulk or DD back in the SA and the number of copies still in circulation attests to this.

Good point with DD #7. There were multiple DD #1s in 9.0 or above and not one #7 in very high grade, if I remember correctly. The overgraded Western Penn 9.4 copy sold in months leading up to it, but that was about it.

As for he numbers available, remember, Hulk was a new property that was cancelled. It wasn't like TTA, TOS or ST where people would just buy the new issue. They were either going to buy the Hulk for the Hulk or they weren't. Since the book only lasted six months it's pretty obvious that they didn't. Amazing Fantasy 15 and the Amazing Spider-Man series were smash hits, so people cherished their copies. Hulk had to do the guest star thing and then relaunch in TTA before he really caught on, so copies of 1-6 weren't in as many hands.

one word: negotiate. grin.gif

27_laughing.gif

Anyway , I need a Hulk 1 to complete my hulk 1-6 set in HG but I also need a JIM 83 in 9.0 too,I'm going to have to sacrific the spidey to get 1 of them,but i think i'm going to have to go with the Hulk 1 8.0 if he does it,i'll ask him,if he can trade me straight up then fine,but not if i have to shell out cash + the spidey.

if you could pull off that trade you are da man acclaim.gif i have a hulk #1 cgc and its unrestored but a low grade.as much as i love the green goblin i would make that trade if you can.dont know if steve will go for it or not but good luck and let us know how it turned out. smile.gif