• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic prices!

47 posts in this topic

How do you figure Diamond got less? In the old system, they took orders,he bought the books,then sold them.If a store went belly-up,he was stuck with the books.20 stores go belly-up in a month and thats a lot of books to be stuck with.That was the downfall of many distributors,that and easy credit to people who had no business experiance. Now,if the store orders and doesn't pay for them,he's out much less,if anything. He gave free shipping,because he had to.If he didn't,someone else would,and did.It wasn't by choice,it was a needed business expense. Read Chucks Tales of the Database to see how Geppi used his connections in the freight industry to masterful advantage.

I'd love to discuss this more,but its 1;40 am and I have a 8AM tee-time.

Lets continue another time if you'd like.

But remember that paper makes up only a small part of the cover price, and I guarantee that creator revenues and comic shop profits are the two major perps when it comes to cover prices.

Drop back the paper quality and Bendis still needs a paycheck and royalties, and your LCS still needs its cut, so with current microscopic print runs on most books, I can't even imagine $1.50 as a cover price.

it's like going to the ballpark and paying 9 bucks for a beer. why do you pay that much? cause players are making 20 grand an at bat.

same thing here. they are paying all these new hollywood guy's the biggest money ever paid in this industry.

so we're paying too.

at this point with printing and paper stock what it is these days if they moved to a cheaper stock it would maybe save 15 cents a book for us.

not to mention all the new post's regarding how bad the paper quality is on modern books.