• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neal adams batman cover on the bay

18 posts in this topic

I own the cover currently up for sale on the bay....

I'm not real clear on why you think the BIN is silly, Blowout. In the past two years I have seen seven Adams Batman covers sell privately in the 25-35k range. Some of those covers were not even artistically as nice as mine is.

My recent need for cash has forced me to part with this cover below where most Adams collectors would feel the retail market is at. I'm even open to reasonable offers and time payments. So I'm at a loss to understand what feels like an uniformed statement. But I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Best,

Glen Brunswick

I'm not real clear on why you think the BIN is silly, Blowout. In the past two years I have seen seven Adams Batman covers sell privately in the 25-35k range. Some of those covers were not even artistically as nice as mine is.

My recent need for cash has forced me to part with this cover below where most Adams collectors would feel the retail market is at. I'm even open to reasonable offers and time payments. So I'm at a loss to understand what feels like an uniformed statement. But I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Well if you are so confident the piece is acurately valued, why not just list it under the regular eBay auction format and see where the market takes the price? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well if you are so confident the piece is acurately valued, why not just list it under the regular eBay auction format and see where the market takes the price? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because while he's confident that the piece is values accurately, he's not insane.gif

Because HIGH END pieces characteristically do not usually do as well on eBay. I need to protect my investment and not sell for less than I paid. This format allows me to talk with potential buyers and work out terms that are agreeable to both buyer and seller.

The final value of any ebay auction is not necessarily representative of the retail market of that item.

Glen

Because HIGH END pieces characteristically do not usually do as well on eBay. I need to protect my investment and not sell for less than I paid. This format allows me to talk with potential buyers and work out terms that are agreeable to both buyer and seller.

The final value of any ebay auction is not necessarily representative of the retail market of that item.

Glen

That's fair enough Glen, and it is your perogative as a seller to list the item however you chose. It certainly wasn't my intention to rag on your listing, as it is a great example from Neal's prime period, and deserves to sell at the high end of his market. Good luck with the sale!

Congratulations to Glen for making headlines on Diamond's online Scoop on 06Sept15. Too bad they typed in the wrong Silver Age Avengers Vision origin issue #. It should have been #58. A record breaking $6,500 sale for you. Now I can charge double for my 2 pages from that classic J Buscema/G Klein issue. cloud9.gif

Thanks, I wouldn't have seen the scoop thing if you hadn't mentioned it aardvark88.

I'm sure it seems really cool until you consider that I actually paid 7000 for the Avengers page when I bought it 2 years ago.

The adams cover is my last neal piece.

Best,

Glen

Amidst the admiration for the batman cover I am surprised no one noticed the other piece which he put up at the same time, an FF 15 paqe that hit contained many of the signature aspects of that series in its early days. Kirby art, Ayers inks, bickering among the gang, hiding in street clothes, etc. I barely had time to figure what I would offer before it was gone.

Amidst the admiration for the batman cover I am surprised no one noticed the other piece which he put up at the same time, an FF 15 paqe that hit contained many of the signature aspects of that series in its early days. Kirby art, Ayers inks, bickering among the gang, hiding in street clothes, etc. I barely had time to figure what I would offer before it was gone.

Sorry about that. I got a phone call on that piece right away. It was a cool page.