• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who The Hell Needs Ebay?

26 posts in this topic

Well, thanks to this place, certainly not me. Buying Raw books on Ebay is such a crapshoot sometimes, but thanks to some fantastic forum members here, there is a much better alternative in buying Raw books based on scans.

The following is just a tiny list of some great forumites I have had the pleasure in dealing with, followed by the results of the book purchased from them. There are a bunch more I have dealt with that are also outstanding, but these are just reasults of the books I subbed from a few.

Bought this from Bigfiver69 as a borderline NM-

hom211.jpg

and the result

hom21190.jpg

While you have to look over every book that you buy, I agree with the general point that Nikos is making. The books I have sent in from forumites, most notably October, Nikos, Flaming Telepath and Dr. Banner have all been spot on in terms of what they represent and the CGC grade.

Likewise, the dealer I have bought the most from with the most amount of success with the CGC grade being the same or better is Bob Storms. I have subbed books from a few dealers here and there, some from Ted VanLiew, some from Gary Platt (most recently my 9.0 ASM 100 coming back a 9.2), and a few others.

But fellow collectors have been very tight with grading and the boards are a trusted source for buying raw. I need to take a few days off in the fall and do nothing but post books -- it might be fun to see how much I can get up raw when I'm doing nothing but scanning and shipping. Of course, the firm might not aprpeciate that as much... 27_laughing.gif

Another outstanding forumite who I have had the honor of dealing with plus meeting. Bought this from Foolkiller as a NM-

bat251f.jpg

and the result

bats25192.jpg

even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes stooges.gif

Another outstanding forumite who I have had the honor of dealing with plus meeting. Bought this from Foolkiller as a NM-

bat251f.jpg

and the result

bats25192.jpg

even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes stooges.gif

hardy har har biatch.

On a serious note was it you asking about the HG Captain Marvels the other day -- I scooped some up from the blazing one that I might sub if they are truly 9.4s, which is what I expect...

Bought from Flaming_T as a VF+ 893whatthe.gif

dc403.jpg

and the result 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

tec40390.jpg

this is entirely unsurprising. i've bought many a book from Nick that i thought was at the least very, very tightly graded. getting an "undergraded" book from him shocks me not in the slightest. and he ships fast as 893censored-thumb.gif to boot.

that being said, the next time he runs a sales thread, you should all stay the 893censored-thumb.gif away until i get a crack at the thing sumo.gif

Bought from Flaming_T as a VF+ 893whatthe.gif

dc403.jpg

and the result 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

tec40390.jpg

this is entirely unsurprising. i've bought many a book from Nick that i thought was at the least very, very tightly graded. getting an "undergraded" book from him shocks me not in the slightest. and he ships fast as 893censored-thumb.gif to boot.

that being said, the next time he runs a sales thread, you should all stay the 893censored-thumb.gif away until i get a crack at the thing sumo.gif

All's fair in love and war and Nikos selling threads. sumo.gif