• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you know the way to San Jose????

13 posts in this topic

Because clearly the postal system does not...

Got a PM from a board member this morning, checking on his media mail shipment. So I ran the tracking info on it for him, and discovered that Massachusetts is on the way from Texas to California.

As you can see from the attachment, I mailed three packages that Sunday afternoon. The one to Kentucky arrived in 4 business days. The one to Virginia got to Maryland in 3 business days and hasn't moved since. The one to California went straight to Springfield MA, got there in 4 business days and has sat there since... foreheadslap.gif

Now to be fair, I rarely look at the itemized tracking on my Media Mail shipments, so perhaps this is the standard method:

Joe: Hey Ed, we got a box here says it's going to New York.

Ed: Alright, throw it on that truck over there.

Joe: But that truck's going to Idaho!

Ed: What's your point?

Joe: We're in New Jersey!

Ed: So what. It's the only truck that has room, and besides, at least the box won't be here.

Joe: Alright...

1396647-DET483.pdf

You have time to answer 900 board posts a day, but not enough time to go to the usps.com website?
No...maybe they are like fedex and run all their packages through a central location? poke2.gif

If you used media mail then I have to agree with Greggy that it is very likely they are sending the package in the most cost effective manner. This seems to route your books through a 'Hub'.

Kind of like buying a priceline airplane ticket. My friend left SFO on a $20ish ticket to San Diego. On his way from SF to SD he stopped in Utah!

Joe: Hey Ed, we got a box here says it's going to New York.

Ed: Alright, throw it on that truck over there.

Joe: But that truck's going to Idaho!

Ed: What's your point?

Joe: We're in New Jersey!

Ed: So what. It's the only truck that has room, and besides, at least the box won't be here.

Joe: Alright...

Ed seems like he's on the fast track to middle management.

Joe sounds like he would do well to be employed in a company owned by his father.

Maybe it is something about San Jose being a destination... I flew back to Wisconsin from there.

Actually, it's coming to Berkeley via the Richmond, CA bulk mail facility. Happily, according to the advanced tracking (available if you call your postal consumer services number) it entered and left Springfield the same day. So it's on the way here and if it left there the 8th I really would't expect it here until Monday or so.

They also told me it's definitely a human or software error. There is no massive Springfield hub that sucks up packages from all over the country.

Hoping to see the books in a few days.

Marc