• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Web Of Spidey #32 Cover Commission

7 posts in this topic

Well I finally got an image up. Ever since I was little, the cover to Web Of 32 has always been at the top of my list of favorite covers of all time. Since I don't have a clue who has the original Zeck cover I decided I'd get someone to do a commission for me to see if I actually liked it in hand as much as I have looking at the comic. I know Zeck does commissions and recreations of this cover as I've seen the exact one, I've seen him do a Kraven one and even Batman coming out of the ground, all very very cool and I'd love for him to do one, I'd much rather save in the hopes the actual pops up. Same guy that did my Mystique did this cover, Greg Woronchak, and my cost with shipping included, it's a secret 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

actually, it was on $55 total, and the thing is Greg only was going to charge $30, which would have made me feel real guilty for the amount of work that would go into something like this so I said I wouldn't get him to do it for less then $50.

I've said it before and I can't say it enough, this dude does quality work and he's willing to put some solid effort into a page. Please Please if you are thinking of getting something done, just give him a shot. You can reach him through his ebay ID at

Greg Woronchak Ebay Page

And tell him I sent you 893applaud-thumb.gif

Taadaa, and the finished page

web_cover.jpg

So does anyone know who has the original? Does Zeck still have it?

If you wanted as close to Zeck as possible you should go for Bob McLeod who was the inker on that storyline and is largely credited with the look and feel of the story..

I love those stories so I went to Bob and he created this for me:

"After" Kraven's Last Hunt

It is actually 2 11x17 pieces.

Bob has gotten better with time....and he is knocking out great commissions every day.

Best,

Chris

The original artwork to Kraven's Last Hunt, parts 1 to 6, cover complete, were sold to an Italian collector nearly 2 decades ago. They art was made available to the market approximately 8 years ago, but the asking price was $250,000k complete. No individual pages were offered. The only available art from the series would be: The HC TPB (Jim Warden's grail, so likely never to leave), the softcover TPB, the front and back endpapers (owned by Chuck Costas and available for sale), and one additional interior page which was added to the TPB, a closeup of the Kravinoff family photo spattered with Kraven's blood post-suicide. There may be two other endpages, from another printing. When a fellow lister placed a decent colour guide on ebay, which included Spidey, Kraven and Vermin, I made sure to win that.

Chris that is an awesome addition to your theme collection! I hadn't seen it before now. Very nice indeed.

Thanks Much.....Bob has master level talent to this day (this piece was completed this June or July).

It is a theme I have alot of fun with.

Best,

Chris

They art was made available to the market approximately 8 years ago, but the asking price was $250,000k complete. No individual pages were offered.

I can see why it did not sell.

Even at today's potential values ( guesses all around)

Each of the 6 covers at $15k each (what the punisher unlimited series cover was put up for sale at recently) is $90k

for the other 120 to 132 pages (6 issues @ 20-22 pages each) you are looking at $1225-$1335 per page....EIGHT YEARS AGO!

At today's values, $250k is maximum potential full retail price, 8 years ago $250k was snort milk out your mouth laugh out loud funny.

Amazing books though....

Chris