• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ART DAY! Mike Mayhew (unpublished) PULSE # 2 cover (Spidey and the Vulture!)

6 posts in this topic

Hi there

Recently won Mike Mayhew's (unpublished) PULSE # 2 cover on Ebay, for the very reasonable sum of $317 (who says bargains can't be found, eh?).

The main cover art is in two parts (on two separate sheets of cover stock). That doesn't bother me at all, as I see no reason why the two elements can't be (professionally) combined at some future point - should I so wish?

The sale included two lots of preliminary drawings (one of four cover concept designs, and one of how the finsihed cover would look).

I'll post images of the preliminary drawings here. If you want to view Mike's finished art, you'll have to click on to the link for my CAF Galleries.

As my interests mostly lie in pre-1970s art, it takes a lot for me to muster up any interest for modern-day artists. Mike Mayhew is one of a handful of contemporary strip-illustrators (that would include people like Alex Ross and Eric Powell) whose work actually excites me.

2u4tzbr.jpg

2qd0m8m.jpg

NICE Terry! What a score! You made out like a bandit, eh. smile.gif

-Hart

Bandit, me? blush.gif

My friend, Lloyd, has just put-together a composite image of the two separate cover elements - which I've now uploaded onto my CAF Galleries.

Here's a small image (larger version on CAF):

2dtb288.jpg