• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sniff...sniff... do I smell another scam or not on eBay?!?!

24 posts in this topic

I guess everyone has a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15, in this case he has 2 !!

Is it too good to be true??

The bells and whistles that go off here to me are :

Major books being sold with poor presentation. ie. grainy pictures. at least splurge for the 75 cents to let people enlarge the photos.

Once again, Another fine write up to really promote your product. Spelling and grammar errors galore!!

New ebay User ID created the same day the "short" auction started.

Another personal flag that goes off is when sellers have to give a detailed explanation to why they are selling it. It's almost like advertising a fake purpose.

ie. found this in my grand daddy's panty drawer and he said I could have it as "hush" money.

I CANT EXPLAIN WHAT EXACTLY GOT RESTORED SINCE..., the scan is too small to read the restoration notes????confused.gif

Probably either stole them both from the same place, or stole the images.

Yep, plenty of great stuff in this auction. I like

I HAVE A ZERO NEGITIVE FEEDBACK BECAUSE I AM A NEW SELLER ... EVERY ONE STARTS OFF WITH A 0 FEEDBACK AND WORK THERE WAY UP.

No, not everyone, friend...you'll be NARU'd long before you can reach the single digits. thumbsup2.gif

I would trust this person...I mean hell they need the money to go to expensive colleges. (I never thought of going to more than 1 college at a time, do you graduate sooner?)

Yep, I guess that being able to spell and use correct grammar is not mandatory for getting into those "expensive colleges". 27_laughing.gif

And selling two HG AF 15s in the same auction, without decent scans? Stupidest scammer EVER.

UP FOR SALE IS 2 ~ I would have failed him right there.

IT HAS BEEN WELL KEPT NEVER TAMPERED WITH 893whatthe.gif Where did the restoration come from?

I HAVE A ZERO NEGITIVE FEEDBACK ~ He gets additional "negitive" feedback from me for his inability to spell.

I would trust this person...I mean hell they need the money to go to expensive colleges. (I never thought of going to more than 1 college at a time, do you graduate sooner?)

You liked that comment too Rich!?! I had tears in my eyes laughing so hard wondering how many he was going to attend. foreheadslap.gif

I don't see a problem with this auction. I've got 2 Action Comics #1 in GM unrestored condition tucked under my mattress at home. I was thinkin bout puttin em up on Ebay so's I could get me some of that fancy book learnin too. I've got 3 different scanners I'm gonna use to do the scans also. crazy.gifforeheadslap.gif

The most expensive colleges ( with the finest exotic cheese and juices )

oh man.. this person cracks me up

Here's a tip to the seller........

....you're more likely to spend the next four years in jail for scamming.

Here's a tip to the seller........

....you're more likely to spend the next four years in jail for scamming.

Here's an interesting follow up to that statement----who is going to press charges....eBay? (yeah, right) I'd like to know how they (or any other organization) is taking a stance on computer related crimes. I'm asking cause I have doubts that cyberspace related crimes are being aggresively targeted.

The Internet is not the "wild wild west" it once was, but I know that law enforcement is still coming up to speed (as I'm sure the legislation) on gathering evidence and prosecuting on-line crimes. Of course, the downside of this law enforcement is continued legislation...I for one am concerned about the required balance.

So-given the hypothetical scenario-who is going after these folks who commit fraud in cyberspace?

if you could figure out a way to make money busting scam artists on eBay, you could buy off all that land in Nebraska that Ted Turner owns or a much smaller but still significant parcel on the California coastline

Seller is probabaly pulling his hair out with only two bids so far. Basically $50 for each book. "Don't those comic collectors realize what a great deal this is?" Christo_pull_hair.gif

If anything I'm impressed with the restraint of the Ebay community. popcorn.gif

I don't see a problem with this auction. I've got 2 Action Comics #1 in GM unrestored condition tucked under my mattress at home. I was thinkin bout puttin em up on Ebay so's I could get me some of that fancy book learnin too. I've got 3 different scanners I'm gonna use to do the scans also. crazy.gifforeheadslap.gif

180px-Jethro211.jpg

I done 'graditated' from the sixth grade...