• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help me find this issue of either batman or detective comics

7 posts in this topic

i'm not sure if it's a batman issue or detective comics issue, but it's a batman story. i believe it's from the 1950's

here the concept (it was talked about in an issue of wizard a few months back):

three criminals die three different deaths due to the bullet proof vests they have. one drowns, and another does something heroic i believe.

also, i believe all three criminals are brothers. i think one is trying to do right, but gets pulled back in by the others.

i know that's kinda vague, but if anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it.

That story sounded vaguely familiar, like one I might have read in reprint in one of those 100 Page Super Spectaculars. Possible story titles that came to mind included "The 3 Racketeers" and "Brothers in Crime." (It is scary what I remember from when I was 11 versus what I've forgotten since last month!) A quick check of Mike's DC Index site reveals it is indeed "Brothers in Crime" originally published in Batman #12, reprinted in #256.

Peter Rafferty is released from prison and attempts to go straight. His brothers drag him back into the gang and begin a new series of crimes. All the brothers wear iron vest to protect them from bullets. Steve and Mike Rafferty both die because of their vests during run-ins with Batman. Peter decides to leave the gang, but is later gunned down by another gang member while trying to do a good deed.

That story sounded vaguely familiar, like one I might have read in reprint in one of those 100 Page Super Spectaculars. Possible story titles that came to mind included "The 3 Racketeers" and "Brothers in Crime." (It is scary what I remember from when I was 11 versus what I've forgotten since last month!) A quick check of Mike's DC Index site reveals it is indeed "Brothers in Crime" originally published in Batman #12, reprinted in #256.

Peter Rafferty is released from prison and attempts to go straight. His brothers drag him back into the gang and begin a new series of crimes. All the brothers wear iron vest to protect them from bullets. Steve and Mike Rafferty both die because of their vests during run-ins with Batman. Peter decides to leave the gang, but is later gunned down by another gang member while trying to do a good deed.

893whatthe.gif Zonker you have a great memory 893applaud-thumb.gif