• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Carrot art

7 posts in this topic

Why not? I loved the Captain Carrot series as a child and still reread those great issues. Don't we all buy art that we love? Captain Carrot was a series I read during my golden age. There's not a lot of CC art that comes up for sale, so I bought what I could when I could get it. I want more, especially the cover to CC 4, which was the first issue my dad bought me.

Mike B.

You're right, of course. The stuff that touched us at the beginning is often the most powerful work that's out there. Is there alot of competition for the Captain Carrot stuff? (I didn't read Captain Carrot, and have -- in fact -- avoided all carrot-based comic series. Now, find me something involving celery and I'm there...) Who was the creative team?

There's not a lot of the Captain Carrot stuff out there. I've only seen a few convention drawings and a cover that Steve Donnelly owns. I know there's some out there, but finding it is tough.

The original creators were Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway and Scott Shaw!, but others who worked on the books were Joey Cavalieri, E. Nelson Bridwell, Alfredo Alcala, Ernie Chan, Stan Goldberg, Rick Hoberg, Carol Lay and Larry Houston.

There were only 20 issues, so there aren't that many covers and pages to go around.

I loved the comic as a child. It was the funniest comic I'd ever read and I actually got the in-jokes.

Mike B.

I dig it but am waiting for the Scott Shaw! stuff to appear.

According to Steve Donnelly, Scott doesn't sell his artwork and I believe him, because I have only ever seen the stuff Steve has and a few convention sketches. Aside from those few pieces, I've never seen any Scott Shaw! stuff for sale.

Mike B.