• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner for CGC slabs

13 posts in this topic

I spent a bunch of time looking for a cheap legal size scanner with little luck.... about the cheapest was $300 or so, and because I am in Canada shipping was quite a bit on top of that. What I ended up doing instead was using a stitching program with my old scanner. With the stitching program you take 2 scans of the book, and then the program 'stitches' the two pictures together.

"Archsoft Scan and Stitch" was the first one I tried, and the one I prefer, but it only had a 15 day trial. It is simple to use and does a good job, but I'm a cheap SOB, so I didnt pay for the full version.

Now I am using "Ulead Cool 360", which also does the job but is much more complicated. Its trial period doesnt expire though, so thats what I'm using for now.

Here's an example of a 'stitched' book:

Batman11.jpg

I believe I used Cool 360 to stitch this one, but it could have been the other one, they both output a very good image.