• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dr.mystic/dr.occult

14 posts in this topic

can someone post the interior pages to comics magazine #1 the mystic story along with interior pages to more fun 15 ,16 and 17 superman proto type I have never seen or read the complete proto type superman stories I only have more fun 14 looking to buy these missing issues as well.

thanks

ashcan/comics

I have owned all those at one time or another and sold them without realizing it is virtually impossible to assemble a full set of the dr. occult story from comics mag 1 through more fun 14-17.

On a side note, having read the whole story I was surprised initially to see that Dr. Occult is just his normal self in Comics Magazine 1. He doesn't become super (and a superman prototype) until More Fun 14. Now I understand that Comics Magazine 1 is the beginning of the story in which he becomes super, but it seems like that should mean relatively little when compared to the story in which he actually became super. After all, it's not like comics mag 1 was even the first story in which dr. occult occured. That came earlier. So comics mag 1 is really just another appearance of a non-super dr. occult, and more fun 14 is the real first superman prototype. Overstreet memtions it is the first in color and first in costume. But it's more than that. It's the actual first time this character (who looks EXACTLY like superman/clark kent gets super powers.

Wooley's History of the Comic Book 1899-1936 (published in 1986, limited editon of 1150) reprints both the Comics Magazine #1 2-pager and the More Fun #14 2-pager...but the xerox quality is not that great.

STEVE Got Larson?

Ashcan,

I'm going to be pretty busy tonight, but if I can, tomorrow, I will take pictures of the interior of my comics magazine 1 with my digital camera. I'm not sure if the quality will be high enough to read or not, but I'll give it my best shot.

Sorry frown.gif The book has already been sold. I still have it in my possession because the buyer is paying via time payments. The best I could do on that front, would be to ask him if its ok to put you two in touch.

I can at least get you the pics by tomorrow though!

Adam