• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First E-Bay Comic Book Purchase...

29 posts in this topic

Just wondering what some of the members first E-Bay comic purchase was ?

Mine was a Worlds Finest # 24, listed as Fine,( but more like VG) $ 169.00 USD.

My first buy & I was surprized I won. At the time it was the most money that I had ever spent on a single book. Anyway, I was happy...

Hulk 379. I remember as a kid I couldn't find one anywhere on Long Island (not that it was too expensive, it just wan't around. There were two different comic stores that were around me, and it just wasn't there!). My dad even looked for a copy in some NYC stores and couldn't find it.

Then about 5 years ago now when I discovered ebay that was the first thing I bought!! For the longest time my Hulk collection went from 377,378,380-415 after than I could say that I had them all! grin.gif

now that I am thinking about it, I have spent way too much time buying and lurking on ebay . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

1st comic art purchase on eBay was a Marshall Rogers Batman Sunday.

1st raw comic purchase was a Matt Baker Teen Age Romances #19 comic that I spent 10 yrs looking for. This was only the 2nd copy I ever found. Described as vg on eBay so bid the vg price. Arrived in gd condition only. Wanted to return it, but the dealer was an A-hole when I talked to him. Kept it since it was scarce anyway. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Brave and Bold #28...was about a VG+...think I paid $325.00 or $350.00 for it...it was just before CGC hit big and you could still buy raw books at about 50% of book value.....I think I just stared at it for hours thinking " I'm not worthy".

Jonny D.

I think it was Metal Men 7 and 8 VG. I had been looking for years and then I found them and won on my first bid. I was totally amazed at how quick and easy it was as opposed to looking through comic book stores for years for these comics. Ahh the memories. Deep Sigh cloud9.gif

My first CGC purchase was an ASM 239 CGC 9.4, I just picked it up to check out their grading. I was astonished b/c it was one of their very early slabs where they were overly tough on books, anyways..after that I bought mostly CGC books. tongue.gif

Brian

Marvel Team Up #1 from a seller in Hawaii (can't remember his eBay id). He said it was VF/NM.....3 months later CGC said it was a FN 6.0 OW/W. Also the first book I ever sent to CGC...well in the first batch at least.

I do not remember my first item I bought but the pessimist in me remembers the first transaction that went horrible. Complete set of Weird War Tales paid $300 for them described as VF/NM they were actually VG to Fine I think one book is lot was VF rest were Fine or lower... mad.gif893frustrated.gif