• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Fantastic Four #1

25 posts in this topic

Wasn't the book shipped with tracking details and signature release? Someone had to sign for the book at the address you sent it to?

I wanted to send the book via FedEx, but the buyer stated that he had a problem getting FedEx deliveries. He asked me to send it USPS Delivery Confirmation with Insurance which I did. Since he had good feedback and I was sending it to the Paypal verified address, I figured it was ok.

frown.gif

Whoever it was, he played me like a fiddle. He knew the Paypal rules inside and out.

I was not eligible for seller protection for two reasons, 1) USPS Delivery Confirmation is not acceptable proof of delivery for transactions over $250, and 2) he paid me in two installments. Accepting payment in more than one installment voids Paypal seller protection.

Same thing happened to me. I didn't realize that Delivery Confirmation is not acceptable proof of delivery for transactions over $250, but rather a signature is required. Buyer charged back a $450 Sub-Mariner 22 and PayPal decided in his favor. tonofbricks.gif

Whoever it was, he played me like a fiddle. He knew the Paypal rules inside and out.

I was not eligible for seller protection for two reasons, 1) USPS Delivery Confirmation is not acceptable proof of delivery for transactions over $250, and 2) he paid me in two installments. Accepting payment in more than one installment voids Paypal seller protection.

I was not aware of that either.