• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I got burned. Please help!

44 posts in this topic

If you enter the tracking number into USPS instead of UPS you get this

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:45 am on September 25, 2006 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90034 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Never got the notice. Going to the post office now with my fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That has happened to me before. I get so many of those notices since I am never home that the USPS tracking numbers start to stand out compared to UPS/Fed Ex foreheadslap.gif

I'd rather not get the notice at all, than have the mailman leave it in someone else's mailbox. Then have that person take the slip and go over to the post office to try and recover my $5,000 worth of CGC graded books! tonofbricks.gif

Luckily, the USPS employee wanted some ID verification before the transfer was made.

If you enter the tracking number into USPS instead of UPS you get this

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:45 am on September 25, 2006 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90034 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Never got the notice. Going to the post office now with my fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That has happened to me before. I get so many of those notices since I am never home that the USPS tracking numbers start to stand out compared to UPS/Fed Ex foreheadslap.gif

I'd rather not get the notice at all, than have the mailman leave it in someone else's mailbox. Then have that person take the slip and go over to the post office to try and recover my $5,000 worth of CGC graded books! tonofbricks.gif

Luckily, the USPS employee wanted some ID verification before the transfer was made.

Personally, I get my packages delievered to my job now since the USPS man hands it to me in my hand and if the store is closed he knows to come back the next day...

Well, they couldn't find it at the post office, so the manager there said they would contact the postman and see where the package is and then call me. I'll report what happens when I find out.

Yeah, I should have read the shipping info more clearly. My bad.

Thanks for everyone's help, once again!

Well, they couldn't find it at the post office, so the manager there said they would contact the postman and see where the package is and then call me. I'll report what happens when I find out.

I would keep an eye out for it on eBay.... :-) from eBay user "goin_postal_06"

893crossfingers-thumb.gif for you. the NARUed part would scare the 893censored-thumb.gif out of me

I won a video poker game 2 weeks ago, and received a notice from ebay a week ago saying the seller had been suspended and I should file a claim.I got an email 2 days before that from the seller with a tracking #.I checked the # on the USPS site and it says it wasn't sent yet.But I check his feedback and he's still getting positives.I figured I'd wait till Monday to file a claim,and sure enough the game showed up Mon......but the USPS site still has no info,go figure.... confused-smiley-013.gif and Ebay almost made me neg him,good thing I waited..... wink.gif

The book JUST came with the rest of the mail about 5 minutes ago! yay.gif

It's actually a pretty nice copy. The spine is tight, and despite the few dings looks pretty good. I think I dodged a bullet with this one...

amazingmysteriesbig.jpg

Nice book.... 893applaud-thumb.gif and good job to svndst with the detective work........ thumbsup2.gif

The book JUST came with the rest of the mail about 5 minutes ago! yay.gif

It's actually a pretty nice copy. The spine is tight, and despite the few dings looks pretty good. I think I dodged a bullet with this one...

This post just made my day, I am really, REALLY happy for you.

Glad it worked out!

Terrific, splendiferious news.

Kenny

You ever think when you go to the post office[the package is empty] and he than has your signature that you accepted it.Than he has cart blanch to make up any story he wants because he sent it?

I've wondered what would happen in this situation as well. I'm lucky and have only had one bad experience on eBay - I purchased three books from seller collectorsuniverse who had a lot of high feedback. Unfortunately, seller also has a lot of negative feedback - lessoned learned: pay more attention to the negative feedback left for and by seller.

So anyway, I waited over a month without hearing anything from them. I contacted them and was informed one of the books was out of stock so they refunded my money. A week later a package arrives from them. I open it up and only one of the two books is in there. I send a nice e-mail asking what is going on. I don't hear back for a few days so e-mail again. I get a stern reply that they are looking into the situation and I should stop asking questions. I read through their negative feedback and see many dreaded "they sent me an empty box!" accompanied by nasty retaliatory feedback. I got worried that my other book would never come or I would end up with an empty box leaving me SOL. Fortunately, the seller finally sent the other book. It was a crappy ordeal and I think if I wasn't so nice in my e-mails that I would've received an empty box.

Has the empty box thing happened to anybody? What was the outcome?

-Bob