• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted.

33 posts in this topic

I hate interior sigs. infact I will actually get another book signed and graded if the artist or writer signed the interior

What if they refuse to sign the cover? For any book.

Then to hell with them.

Let me give you an example, David Mazzuchelli said he doesn't sign on the cover because he doesn't want anything to detract from the art on the front, so he signs on the white part of the first page. And he says it in a nice polite fashion as well. Would you still tell him to F himself? hi.gif

I hate interior sigs. infact I will actually get another book signed and graded if the artist or writer signed the interior

Then to hell with them.

Let me give you an example, David Mazzuchelli said he doesn't sign on the cover because he doesn't want anything to detract from the art on the front, so he signs on the white part of the first page. And he says it in a nice polite fashion as well. Would you still tell him to F himself? hi.gif

I would never tell one of them off. I would just say no thanks and not get it signed. I had David Lloyd sign a book for me at Dragon Con but he insisted on addressing it to me and he spelled my name wrong too after I told him how to spell it. Now that books sits on my desk and will probably end up in the trash can.

Then to hell with them.

I would never tell one of them off. I would just say no thanks and not get it signed. I had David Lloyd sign a book for me at Dragon Con but he insisted on addressing it to me and he spelled my name wrong too after I told him how to spell it. Now that books sits on my desk and will probably end up in the trash can.

That is a different issue. but it is your perogative. thumbsup2.gif

Different issue and I dont know why I mentioned it other than to say that I would never be disrespectful to them. I just cannot stand interior signatures on SS books. What is the point? it is in a slab and you can never see the signature.

Different issue and I dont know why I mentioned it other than to say that I would never be disrespectful to them. I just cannot stand interior signatures on SS books. What is the point? it is in a slab and you can never see the signature.

I agree with you about that, but some will only sign on the interior, especially writers. It's really hard to get around.

ask them to sign the back cover then sumo.gif

why would you want a writer to sign the front cover if it's going in a slab? you can't read the damned thing, so what's the difference? PLUS it distracts from the art

why would you want a writer to sign the front cover if it's going in a slab? you can't read the damned thing, so what's the difference? PLUS it distracts from the art

so you can see the sig confused-smiley-013.gif

I didn't mean to start a debate. But I choose cover sigs for my personal collection. I had Dave Cockrum sign my copy of the futurians. I also insisted that he sign it on the 1st page. The book didn't get slabbed though. It is raw in my personal collection. I can look at the sig any time I want. But when it comes to slabs it is just silly to sign on the 1st page you will never see it. I have several books that way in my personal collection I dislike them very much so. I decided to get those artist and writers to sign another book on the cover for me later. As for artist like David Mazzuchelli I would probably have them sign the back cover if they refused to sign the fron't cover so I could atleast see it.

bah.

bah.

acclaim.gif