• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicshop in Regina, SK?

9 posts in this topic

Hey Dwight or anyone else who resides in SK, Canada:

Any decent comicshops in Regina?

Seems like our entire fed dept from Vancouver, BC is being sent there for 2 weeks of tax payer subsidized "mental" retraining Spring, 2007. grin.gif

How much snow is there in say March, 2007? tongue.gif

Hey Dwight or anyone else who resides in SK, Canada:

Any decent comicshops in Regina?

Seems like our entire fed dept from Vancouver, BC is being sent there for 2 weeks of tax payer subsidized "mental" retraining Spring, 2007. grin.gif

How much snow is there in say March, 2007? tongue.gif

Who cares about the snow? You'll be in Regina. makepoint.gif

When I grew up in Saskatchewan I used to go to a shop in Regina that actually was quite large and had the best supply of back issues I ever saw. I can't remember the name of it ( maybe it'll come back to me ) but that was early 80's. It would be nice to hear that shop is still open as the owner was a super nice guy!!

Hi paesan,

The fed is only going to fly 80 of us out to the middle of the prairies to upgrade our thinking skills. Well that is what the official job upgrade file says anyways. Fed will probably fly out 200 staff from Ontario to SK on the public dole.

Any sushi or bubble tea in the prairies? cloud9.gif

Is Phoenix Comics in SK related to the 2 Phoenix Comics stores in the Calgary, AB area at all? confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I get to go to LA and Thailand for work in the next few months. poke2.gif

Is Phoenix Comics in SK related to the 2 Phoenix Comics stores in the Calgary, AB area at all?

I'm from Regina.

There is no longer a relation to the Phoenix Stores in Calgary. At one time the father of the son who owns one of the stores in Calgary used to own the store in Regina. He sold to a long time Silver and Gold collector about 10 years ago.

He used to have lots of nice stuff but it has been chipped away through the years.

Me and a friend of mine bought 40,000 books from him a few years back. He had them stored in the basement. Let me tell you hauling 200 long boxes up a flight of stairs was not nice.

Anyway he still has the largest selection of Silver and Bronze Age books in Saskatchewan. Lots of midgrades with very few ultra high's.

There are 3 other stores in town. Tramps is downtown (some old stuff but overpriced), There are 2 Readers Book shops. One in the south end of town and one downtown. Both stores are very modern with lots of statues and figs. There are some old books but they too are overpriced.

Go to Phoenix for the best prices. He will usually give you a good deal for a wad of bills!