• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC'd 7.0 Captain America 100 - Wanna Trade??

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I've had this book for awhile now and even though it's professionally graded, from the standpoint of MY Captain America collection, this book is an orphan. I don't mean that in the negative as it's a perfectly FN/VF 7.0 comic, the case is good and everything's legit. But it's the only Captain America book in my long run that's been CGC'd and, as it doesn't fit well in my long boxes or go with the rest of my collection, I'm looking to trade this one off. I'm not interested in trading down and I really think it's worth more than the same comic that hasn't been CGC'd so I'm not looking for a trade straight across either. But I would be interested in trading for a copy UNSLABBED that grades ABOVE a 7.0 (of course, in your professional opinion). See the attatched scan. If I have no offers/takers I'll just crack this one out of it's case and it'll rejoin the others. But I thought I'd make an offer here before I do anything drastic and see if anyone's interested. Thanks everyone!! Chuck

1419423-cgccapamer100001.jpg.8afac71b867954dc84f3c2a0457504db.jpg

Why do you think a CGC 7.0 is worth more than a higher grade raw book? Its not 2003.

From everything I've seen, and as annecdotal though it may be, CGC graded books ARE more expensive, grade for grade straight across, if for no other reason than the $30 minimum it costs to get it done. And.... there's no doubt about the grade...to either party should the book be bought or sold. I have no problem with that. It's just that I could never hope to get my Captain America books all CGC'd, as much as I'd like to. And in my humble opinion I either want them all CGC'd or all unslabbed. I have a complete high gade Nick Fury run that I'm in the process of having all CGC graded with 5 done so far.It's just the complete-ist in me, I guess. Either or but not both in the same box....that's strictly my motivation. Anyway, thanks for the response everyone. I'm heading for my PM's now...

Chuck