• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM Full Run

9 posts in this topic

Hi there folks...

I'm in the process of selling a few assets (my prized team downhill mountain bike, it's worth $10,000 new, but I will probably get less than a third of that) which should leave me with a few grand...

I plan on spending the cash on an Amazing Spider-man Full run with annuals...

I'm not bothered about them being high grade, I just wan't to own the run...

My question is, what's the lowest price you think I could get a full run for?

You can get a run of readers relatively cheap (at least down to the first 10 and with the exception of a few keys). About 6 times a year some guy will advertize the full run in varying grades. You can wait for that or if you have some now you can try and get the missing gaps . . .

DAM

The cost will depend on whether you buy it as one run or not. A full run usually will fetch about 10K to 12k. You will find that most full runs are a mix of grades so they will be more then if you bought low grade sets at a time. A few times I have seen them offered on ebay for the $6K to $8K range but I am not sure if they met reserve. Recently, I saw sets of 130 to 441 in a claimed vf/nm sell for about $1000. For the remaining 1 to 129, you should be able to put together a low grade run for about $4000.

Tom

If you want to keep it under 10k you're going to have to go moderately low on the first 20 books. I'd say probably F- to maybe F (the #1 would probably have to be VG/F). 21-100 in F, and the rest in VF to VF/NM.. and your probably looking at around 6,000-7,000.. your most expensive book would probably be the ASM 1 which will be over a couple grand.

Brian

If you want to keep it under 10k you're going to have to go moderately low on the first 20 books. I'd say probably F- to maybe F (the #1 would probably have to be VG/F). 21-100 in F, and the rest in VF to VF/NM.. and your probably looking at around 6,000-7,000.. your most expensive book would probably be the ASM 1 which will be over a couple grand.

Brian

I agree with this and think that you could get a G/VG run for next to nothing (I wouldn't say more than $4K). If you want to go "ghetto fabulous" get the Essentials and then pick up where they end and you could do the whole deal for probably around $1K . . .

I got my essentialls from a local store which offers 50% off on TPBs if you buy 5 or more - talk about a ridiculously good deal! The essentials are about 20 books for $15 bucks, 20 books for $7.50 is better than the 50 cent bin!!

DAM

..or buy the Marvel Tales reprints and piece the run back in order... The Ditko issues were all restarted as reprints in the 80s and are very cheap so you dont even have to get the 25c annuals in the beginning of the Marvel tales run...

Btw, I meant to add I'd suggest getting the #1 CGC'd..and if you can find a decent deal.. some of the first app.'s in the first 20 or so books.. just to make sure they're not restored. If you don't care if they're restored, I'd suggest just buying a PLoD ASM 1, you can probably get like a 7.5 for 2 grand

Brian