• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put on your thinking caps!

49 posts in this topic

What are you talking about the TTA 90 will be huge if Abomination is in the next Hulk movie. You will double your investment for sure its his first app.

As Donut said this book is a much longer term play, you won't make any big returns on it for a few more years.

Well then in the 6 books I chose would be a short term investment, a year to two years before I would turn them into profit. Darth's Books are pretty liquid right now. 30 days of night will be Caliber Presents #1 and Aircel's Men in Black comics a year after the movie comes out. Worth a lot less like 10% of current value ........:(

A year to two? I'm thinking six weeks.

I totally agree. I quintuple my money all the time on lower dollar buys. But was thinking of a higher end return with just 6 books. Sure take some cash to local shows buy in bulk and a few hours flipping them on the Bay and you have a great return on your money.

Of course, I usually buy in large quantities 20 plus longs at a time to get bigger and better deals. smirk.gif

Just 6 then:

Akira 38

Sonic the Hedgehog 1

GI Joe 155

Hulk 312

Cerebus 1

ASM 136

The Cerebus 1 will take most of the money. Sonic still going strong???? Seemed to die off quite a bit 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hold your horses gang................I said "AT LEAST SIX". You want to list 500 $1 books, crazy as that seems, go ahead.

Oddly enough the conversation I was hoping to see did materialize.................."Collect or Flip" wink.gif

7. Hulk 8 vol 3

Whats the deal with this book...two people have mentioned it so far. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oddly enough, to chime in with Flying Donut, this poped out of a $1.00 bin and I love the cover. If you havn't seen it, use my web link below, it's on the site.

A hypotheticle situation, just for fun............

If you had no comics in your collection and were given only $500.00 to spend, and had to invest in at least 6 books, which would they be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, spending the entire amount on 1 book would have been too easy. grin.gif

No comics in my collection. $500 to spend. Invest in at least six books...

I'll go with 285 copies of 1602 #1... That's a bet that's safe as houses...

If I can't just do lots of copies of the same issue (you said 6 books, not 6 different books), then I'll go with 35 copies each of 1602 #1-8...

A hypotheticle situation, just for fun............

If you had no comics in your collection and were given only $500.00 to spend, and had to invest in at least 6 books, which would they be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, spending the entire amount on 1 book would have been too easy. grin.gif

No comics in my collection. $500 to spend. Invest in at least six books...

I'll go with 285 copies of 1602 #1... That's a bet that's safe as houses...

If I can't just do lots of copies of the same issue (you said 6 books, not 6 different books), then I'll go with 35 copies each of 1602 #1-8...

Doh totally forgot about this book... smirk.gif... Gaiman and Kubert's new project lets hope it lives up to the hype and a good comeback book unlike the last super hyped books aka DK2 joke. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

murph0 is right, I just got a nice copy at a huge 50% off back issue sale at one of our larger comic chains for $23.

Even without the sale it was $46, and I can't really find any major flaws.