• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Comics #5

7 posts in this topic

Just asking for some advice here guys....

I have always loved the cover to National Comics #5 and there is one on eBay right now....it has a reserve, but am thinking of bidding.....but I also happened to notice what looks like to me....the exact same book on CL. Fishy??? I have yet to email the seller. They only have a feedback rating of 97.

What do you think. Nice looking book, but not sure with it appearing to be on both eBay and CL.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any thoughts?

As far as I can tell, it's the same - but perhaps it's the same seller too. After all, the ebay auction has a reserve so could he perhaps have listed it on CL, also?

BTW, National 5 is a GREAT (and underrated, IMHO) book.

STEVE Got Larson?

OH MAN! That is one fantastic looking book. I was thinking about buying the one on CL or bidding on the one on eBay, but I really don't want to get scammed. That is a great copy....I have always loved that cover - the Skull guy makes that book - crackin' that axe over Uncle Sam's head....man I love that cover.... hail.gif. That is a great copy you have....hope to add a copy to my collection one day....

I was really interested in that CL copy.....I emailed the eBay seller with no response.....guess that is the warning I was looking for..... 893censored-thumb.gif

Oh well, I will just have to buy another Timely instead!!! thumbsup2.gif