• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Na, na, na, na... na, na, na, na... waa-aa-aave goodbye... to Comic-Keys!

86 posts in this topic

You all are being overly optimistic...

Perhaps.

Agreed...but I don't see this hurting him at all. And if he was to get a serious neg after this change I'm sure he'll either sweet talk his way out of it or explain it away.

Not if a cartel is formed to systematically leave dozens of toxic feedbacks relating exactly who this guy is and how this guy operates.

devil.gif

He's made a lot of enemies and he might finally begin to reap what he hath sown.

I'm sure he will just begin a new eBay user name, and keep his "square trade" designation etc. I did have the misfortune of buying books from him early in the eBay game, but I "only" was out-of-pocket about $600 for an Avengers 4 he'd color-touched to maximum potential. The book sure looked good on the scan, though.

I'm glad that all feedback will be open, now, though that also has potential for abuse.

Knowledge is power...we'll see how well he fares.

Agreed...but I don't see this hurting him at all. And if he was to get a serious neg after this change I'm sure he'll either sweet talk his way out of it or explain it away. Again, it only takes one bid for him to be successful...

I agree with one of the other posts that seeing bidders is far more useful than seeing feedback in this case...

Jim

Still come the 26th, I'll be the first to dial up his account and have a read, it's guaranteed to be well worth the effort.

I'm sure he will just begin a new eBay user name, and keep his "square trade" designation etc. I did have the misfortune of buying books from him early in the eBay game, but I "only" was out-of-pocket about $600 for an Avengers 4 he'd color-touched to maximum potential. The book sure looked good on the scan, though.

I'm glad that all feedback will be open, now, though that also has potential for abuse.

Those scan's are not scan's, they are pait shop specials. He's done all his 'resto' work on the computer. which is all he's needed to do for however long he's been playing his scams.

I got jipped for $1100 off him, but got it all back in a refund. It was a no hassle arrangement...'Hi, that 9.6 you sold me has a stain on the front cover, 7-9 spine creases, virtually no gloss...oh and looks not the slightest bit like your scan!'. I got paid and never looked back.

I can't fathom that there must of been quite a few other's that would of fallen into my category. His 'square deal' blah does ensure he gives proper refunds. But still there would of been lots of buyer's who took the book at the grade he sold it at foreheadslap.gif

While I am optimistic that this is a step in the right direction this puts us exactly where "We" were before Danny/Rich went private. Basically this opens the door for people emailing bidders asking if they know who they are buying from. We could produce a rap sheet a mile long and Ebay would still let the person list even with "public" feedback.

Knowledge is power...we'll see how well he fares.

Agreed...but I don't see this hurting him at all. And if he was to get a serious neg after this change I'm sure he'll either sweet talk his way out of it or explain it away. Again, it only takes one bid for him to be successful...

I agree with one of the other posts that seeing bidders is far more useful than seeing feedback in this case...

Jim

Still come the 26th, I'll be the first to dial up his account and have a read, it's guaranteed to be well worth the effort.

his feedback will remain private, until he lists something

->Members who have private Feedback profiles will no longer be allowed to list items after this change goes into effect. Only members with public Feedback profiles will be permitted to list items

Man......if this is true.....it's the BOMB!!!! wink.gif

He'll either keep it Private and never list again with that account or we'll all have some great reading at the end of the month.

popcorn.gif

How do we know the old feedbacks will be visible? Is it possible they will remain hidden and only "new" auctions will proceed with being visible?

If this is the case then he'll just close his account knowing that a lot of people wanted to view his old feedbacks and laugh. confused-smiley-013.gif

How do we know the old feedbacks will be visible? Is it possible they will remain hidden and only "new" auctions will proceed with being visible?

If this is the case then he'll just close his account knowing that a lot of people wanted to view his old feedbacks and laugh. confused-smiley-013.gif

But if he closes the account the presumption would be that he looses his ebay status attached to that account, and would have to start from scratch.

And as Red said, he would be spotted in moments by the likes of Red, and a few other's no doubt if he opened a new account.

Plus these types of guys are serial criminals, the threat of us 'reading' his feedback against the lose of 'income' is not tenable argument for him. He'll keep right on doing what he's doing until he's completely and utterly hounded out of ebay. Nothing less will suffice for his type!

We just need to make sure the payback is exacting, and orchestrated in a thorugh manner. e.g don't use your own personal accounts to sabotage his bidder's. More formal complaints to ebay about his listing's, etc, etc.

If he sells they will all be visible.

You can't do partial private feedback.

I suspect the account will just hang there with no new activity if there is anything juicey he doesn't want folks to see.

Excellent, I think this is a good change...I've earned my 100% as a seller without having a private feedback. And I think buyers have more trust in those sellers with their feedback out in the open.

Yup... i have done some ebay purchases... i would never never ever buy from private feedback seller... not that i havent got burned nonetheless insane.gif , but yes this is about time they change this.... yay.gif

Another seller with private feedback is popscomics. They also have what seems like a 20-page Terms section. I recently bought from them, but only because it was an impossible-to-find book I've been looking for.

I love this change! Let's put it all out in the open - the good, the bad & the ugly! I buy from seller's with less than perfect feedback, so seeing a neg or two out of 1000 doesn't scare me away. On the other hand, if their feedback is 90%, that ain't a great record. I think the more open things are, the better. (That means for sellers and buyers alike). thumbsup2.gif