• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Na, na, na, na... na, na, na, na... waa-aa-aave goodbye... to Comic-Keys!

86 posts in this topic

"Members who have private Feedback profiles will no longer be allowed to list items after this change goes into effect. Only members with public Feedback profiles will be permitted to list items."

"The expected date of this change is October 26, 2006."

"Why we're making this change? eBay offers the ability for members to make their Feedback private as an option when they have significant concerns about a comment. They can hide their comments in this way until they are able to resolve the issue."

- Brian Burke, Senior Marketplace Policy Manager for Feedback

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200610.shtml#2006-10-02120653

So long, Danny. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. hi.gif

Forgot to mention ... eBay's year-to-year pagevies are down 10% and down 4% between July and August. Check it out.

These are numbers that show me it's now wonder they are looking to make some changes. Theiy're starting to slide compared to other mainstream sites.

I, personally, see their focus shifting to lower listing fees and tighter quality controls for sellers. Should play well with sellers on these boards ...

<Edited for drunken grammar>

I'll be celebrating until I know for sure Comic-Keys won't be selling any books. I'm glad I never bought any of his books back in the past. Have any of you guys actually bought books from him just by chance? If so, what book was it?

No more "thrill joy bidders" to get blocked!!!

I love it, so long to comic keys!!!

It is a good thing . . . but they'll just start new profiles . . . so what then? tongue.gif

As long as he types his auction listings in such a manner as to let those of us who are aware of his previous typing style, we will be fine. He seems to like to put alot of words in the same paragraph to confuse or hide what he is really trying to say. Mind you I am just typing out what I feel to mimic his posting style. He may very well not post his future non private auctions in this manner. But if he does I for one will see through it. That coupled with his near perfect scans that go along with his listings will be a kiss of death to those of us who know his MO. He only wanted to dissuade thrill bidders from ruining the fun for the rest of us.rrrrriiighht In the end he will more then likely just find a way to keep on keepin on and sell his special brand of books to those who are unaware of his brand of pot luck. I am at least glad he will be foreced to alter his feedbag slightly, invest some time crying to Ebay about how he makes them money, and in the end perhaps stop selling comic books that are not what he says them to be. So to Mr. Keys I say.. na na nah boo boo. I hope you enjoy the spotlight Ebay has shone upon you.

tongue.giftongue.gif

How does this change anything? So people will get to see the feedback...so what? He will explain away any negatives he gets in his auction descriptions. As well as use the excuse that the open feedback will allow his distractors to "wrongfully" slam him. He'll play the victim card...and as long as one bidder buys it, he'll be fine...

Jim

Knowledge is power...we'll see how well he fares.

Agreed...but I don't see this hurting him at all. And if he was to get a serious neg after this change I'm sure he'll either sweet talk his way out of it or explain it away. Again, it only takes one bid for him to be successful...

You all are being overly optimistic...

I agree with one of the other posts that seeing bidders is far more useful than seeing feedback in this case...

Jim