• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Na, na, na, na... na, na, na, na... waa-aa-aave goodbye... to Comic-Keys!

86 posts in this topic

I suspect the account will just hang there with no new activity if there is anything juicey he doesn't want folks to see.

We already know what will be there, from that time there was an EBay bug that allowed private bidders to be seen:

Lots of blatant shill bidders/winners and trumped up feedback.

This is an interesting development.

One I think will be getting some loud cheers from the sidelines.

And also one that will see a great deal of court room action.

The idea that eBay is now lifting the veil, and could potentially ruin that sellers rep within the community (even though its deserved) will mean we will not only be seeing some fall-out of eBay sellers, but also some cases which will be settled in the courts.

Knowledge is power...we'll see how well he fares.

Agreed...but I don't see this hurting him at all. And if he was to get a serious neg after this change I'm sure he'll either sweet talk his way out of it or explain it away. Again, it only takes one bid for him to be successful...

You all are being overly optimistic...

I agree. While this definetly won't help him, I think people are overestimating the effect this will have. Ultimately, his feedback rating is still high and people will still bid.

What I'm hoping is that a lot of his postives say something along the lines of "book was found to be restored, but he promptly returned my money as promised". In any event, it will be VERY interesting to read through his feedback once it's public.

I should also add; as someone who has had a number of private conversations with him, I would never underestimate his ability to continue to thrive on Ebay, no matter what policies are put into effect. Like it or not, he's an EXTREMELY intelligent individual with a vast amount of knowledge about the ins and outs of this hobby.

I should also add; as someone who has had a number of private conversations with him, I would never underestimate his ability to continue to thrive on Ebay, no matter what policies are put into effect. Like it or not, he's an EXTREMELY intelligent individual with a vast amount of knowledge about the ins and outs of this hobby.

Yup. I've had a lot of communication with him over the last several years. Dumb criminals don't scare me, and he's anything but dumb.

he's dumb, he got caught once before.

He's been in the business for three decades, and is still selling, crooked as a "s". Someone in the equation is dumb...and right now it's not him.

Wasn't he caught for passing bad checks?

he's dumb, he got caught once before.

He's been in the business for three decades, and is still selling, crooked as a "s". Someone in the equation is dumb...and right now it's not him.

Wasn't he caught for passing bad checks?

From the link in Old Guy's Sig:

"Fraud conviction. By the mid- 1990s, Dupcak had partnered with Glen Beram in Wall of Fame, a sportscard store in Levittown, N.Y., that came to national attention in one of the earliest busts for fake memorabilia.

Karen Lutz, a special investigator in the Nassau County, N.Y., District Attorney?s Office, headed a forgery investigation that found that Dupcak and Beram had sold more than $33,000 in bogus autographed goods between March and October of 1994. Lutz received sample signatures from Mickey Mantle, Frank Robinson, Ted Williams, and Carl Yastrzemski, in making the case.

Two days before trial, in March 1997, Beram pleaded guilty to two counts of petty larceny and was sentenced to 150 hours of community service and three years? probation. Dupcak, whom Newsday reported was also known as ?Carlos Seneca,? pleaded guilty to scheming to defraud and was sentenced to 90 days in jail and five years? probation.

Dupcak and Beram were further ordered by Nassau County Court Judge Jack Mackston to pay $33,010 in restitution to the 53 victims identified by District Attorney Denis Dillon.

Law enforcement officials auctioned the authentic portion of Wall of Fame?s inventory on Jan. 21, 1998. Detective William Mack of the Nassau County Police Department?s asset forfeiture unit told The New York Times then that comic books were among the top sellers, with an Amazing Fantasy #15 selling for $2,000 and an Incredible Hulk #1 selling for $1,400. The auction raised more than $75,000, more than covering customers? losses; Assistant District Attorney Robert Nigro, chief of the unit, said that Mantle himself contributed autographed baseball cards for more than two dozen children stung in the forgery scheme.

According to a criminal records search service, on Dec. 20, 2002, Dupcak plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge in Nassau County unrelated to collectibles sales. He was sentenced to serve three years of probation. "

As far as I'm concerned....he's already had his downfall.

His only current claim to fame is that he moves in the shadows, is generally despised, and makes any money he makes from screwing people. He's a joke.

His only current claim to fame is that he moves in the shadows, is generally despised, and makes any money he money he makes from screwing people . He's a joke.

Don't whores make money from screwing people? Sounds like comic-keys has a good job makepoint.gif

He seems to live and die by the saying.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

He seems to fool alot of peope once.( hi.gif)

Eitherway, be it once, twice,or even thrice.... I say shame,shame, shame. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Is it just me or is there a fire sale happening with Comic Keys?

And tons of the books are resto'd.

These are ending now, but they've been going all week.

Link

R.