• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB -- MOTION PICTURE FUNNIES WEEKLY #1 unrestored / all grades considered

7 posts in this topic

I am looking to purchase a copy of MPFW #1. I am a collctor / not a dealer, and will make an offer accordingly. Open to all condition grades / unrestored only. I would also explore a trade+cash scenerio, and here's my trade bait:

1423112-reform.jpg

this is the 2nd highest unrestored graded copy of Reform School Girl!, with the highest graded copy at 8.0. A large national dealer at the Baltimore Comic-Con estimated its value @ $10,000

1423112-reform.jpg.b5e074c5b128edf7a58df88bbde6744a.jpg

MPFW #1 is one of those "ultimate grails". hail.gif

I would kill (ok, not really) for 1 of the 8 copies in existence cloud9.gif.......

Good luck; I hope you score! thumbsup2.gif

thanks VT....nice to hear from a fellow collector who puts this book in "grail" status !

my pleasure! And let me know if you end up nabbing a copy!

The only book I ever had that I can compare to MPFW #1 was Marvel Mystery 128 page annual and Cap. America 128 page annual. I am the biggest insufficiently_thoughtful_person ever for selling those books. (1997?) foreheadslap.gif

I also had a somewhat brittle Pep 22 and a nice G+ Archie 1 that I also sold... like a bonehead. foreheadslap.gif Ditto Action #2 VG and Detective Comics #1 VG ®. foreheadslap.gifArgghhhhhhhh

Suddenly I am real depressed....... tonofbricks.gif

I am looking to purchase a copy of MPFW #1. I am a collctor / not a dealer, and will make an offer accordingly. Open to all condition grades / unrestored only. I would also explore a trade+cash scenerio, and here's my trade bait:

1423112-reform.jpg

this is the 2nd highest unrestored graded copy of Reform School Girl!, with the highest graded copy at 8.0. A large national dealer at the Baltimore Comic-Con estimated its value @ $10,000

Who said that?

1423112-reform.jpg

Who said that?

Al Stoltz / Basement Comics --- expert on this book --he has sold several G/VG copies for around $2,000. I brought this book with me to the show and he said $10k within 2 seconds of seeing it