• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Some Help Please

8 posts in this topic

OK i bought a book off eBay but did not read what types of payment he takes he wants a M/O or Bank Check so how can i cover my self if i send a M/O out and he just says well i did not get it ? foreheadslap.gif

I got burned by that once before. Now when the rare occasion that I have to send a M/O, I get delivery confimation tracking. I think you can also send it registered mail and get confirmation.

Get a postal money order. When you fill it out, fill it out completely and write out what it is for etc. Keep the stub for your records. When you mail it you can do what Norinn says and you may be able to go one step further and get signature required. This means the PO won't leave the letter until someone signs for it. If you do this though let the seller know it is coming and that he will have to sign. If it arrives you will have a signature on file at the post office proving delivery and if it is cashed you will have record that the seller had to endorse the money order to cash it. A money order isn't a blank check anyone can cash unless you leave it blank. I believe you can also cancel money orders if they are "Lost" or "never recieved".

Hope that helps a little. If the seller has good feedback I wouldn't worry too much.

dont need to send it registered you can send it certified and require the signature. Certified is cheaper.

I knew it was something like that. thumbsup2.gif

Got your back friend. thumbsup2.gif

Now if its a 5-6 figure money order send that beotch registered. They treat that more special.. 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif