• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey 184 w/ no price error copy, does it change value?

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I found this book at the local comic store. It doesn't have the price filled in on the cover. I'm curious to hear from the group whether this effects the value (up or down). It caught my eye while I was flipping through the ASM books, the book itself is in F/VF or so condition

thanks for looking

dave h

asm184box.jpg

I thought it was a reprint or something like that when I first saw it. But there's no indication of that in the indicia info and nothing on the cover like on the Whitman DC reprints.

Here's a link to the whole cover, the zebra code is there and not blank like on some reprints I've seen (Star Wars 1 comes to mind). The month code 09 in the zebra box matches with Sept under the # If it is a reprint or something like that I can't spot it and it's not like it's a real hot book.

dave h

ASM 184

I seem to remember that there was a All Detergent giveaway of this issue that had no price on the indicia, but it did have an All product sticker on the cover. Could this be a copy that does not have the sticker on it?

I seem to remember that there was a All Detergent giveaway of this issue that had no price on the indicia, but it did have an All product sticker on the cover. Could this be a copy that does not have the sticker on it?

That's exactly what it looks like:

http://home.planet.nl/~p.c.kroon/checklist/usa_g/00000101.html

I think you nailed it down for me. A search for "All Detergent comic giveaway" produced the following link

http://home.planet.nl/~p.c.kroon/checklist/usa_g/00000101.html

This must be a copy that someone did a pretty good job of removing the sticker

Thanks for the tip, I've never heard of All Detergent giveaway books. I learned something new

dave h

This must be a copy that someone did a pretty good job of removing the sticker

it looks like it NEVER had a sticker on it...unless it just doesnt show up in the scan.

maybe its a rare one-of-a-kind "file copy" put aside BEFORE the stickering...